Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Labor Experience

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

Just wondering- if you had a vaginal birth, entirely med free, how long did you push? Thanks! 

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MistyMoo
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:16 PM
My first two were like 5-10 mins of pushing my third was about 15ish? minutes, I think.. I was so exhausted when it came time, I don't remember too much.. Once the pushing started it was really quick for all of mine .. It might have been less, I don't know lol I think I did about twonor three pushes for my first two and utbwas a bit longer with my last.
Azure
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Three pushes! I don't know how long it was, but probably less than five minutes. Not long at all. The key is staying off of your back. Let gravity help you.

acclbentz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:23 PM

I wasn't entirely med free (stadol with 1st, nubain with 2nd and 3rd) -  but by the time I was pushing they'd worn off...

DD1 was about 30 minutes (8 hours of labor)
DS was about 10 minutes (6 hours of labor)
DD2 was somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes (4 hours of labor) 

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:49 PM
I don't know. I didn't time it. I jut followed my instincts.

I know my first natural home birth (baby 4) pushed a while. I don't think I was ready. With my 7th baby I didn't push at all and baby was an inch from crowning. 1 or 2 pushes and he was out.
Eliza04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:15 PM

All my births only pushed around  4 times.  Pushing is the easy part of my labors in the past.  Only the last was all natural (he came to fast for anything to be done) but didn't changed how long I pushed.  The best thing is listening to your body. With my 3rd they wanted me to start pushing I tried twice and then told them it wasn't time.  I could tell it wasn't quite time yet, so we took a 10-15 minute break.  By then baby was in right place and only took 3 pushes to push her out.

Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:13 PM
I had a completely natural birth with my third son. He was born in 3 minutes. After my water burst at the last minute, he came out on his own. I didn't do anything. It was the most intense delivery I ever had!
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM

3 pushes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)