Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Broken crotch?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:55 PM
  • 15 Replies
I'm 23 weeks and have SPD and am on pelvic rest for it. But lately, my crotch/pubic bone is on fire! It feels like it's splitting in 2 and clicks when I walk. Is there anything I can do short of just not walking and taking tylonal?
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TotallyWarped
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:42 PM
So I called my nurseline at my OB's office. They said, "Take it really easy. Lay down on your side with a pillow between your knees instead of sitting up. You can take up to 3 tylonals at a time instead of 2. Belly band and heat/ice pack. But other than that, there's really nothing more we can do."
PINKmyfavcolor
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Yeah, I was going to say, resting on your side ant taking Tylenol is really all you can do for that, but be sure to mention it at your next appointment, too. ((HUGS))

TotallyWarped
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:51 PM
I had this with my 5 year old DD. I've had it since 20 weeks with this baby. I mentioned it at my last appointment. I'll deff mention it again when I go on the 19th.

Quoting PINKmyfavcolor:

Yeah, I was going to say, resting on your side ant taking Tylenol is really all you can do for that, but be sure to mention it at your next appointment, too. ((HUGS))

Donna.June
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM
There isn't much that can be done. That had me out for a few days. A belly band does help a little.
Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:57 PM
I had that about 6 months in with my last one. Started at 3 months with this one.

You can look up SPD and see some tips. Take it easy, avoid crossing your legs, some Tylenol. There's not a TON you can do unfortunately but it does snap back soon after having the baby.
Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:58 PM
This reminded me that there are some girdle type things you can get. I don't know where but I read that somewhere and that they can help.

Quoting Donna.June: There isn't much that can be done. That had me out for a few days. A belly band does help a little.
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:08 PM
Chiropractor
TotallyWarped
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:18 PM
My insurance won't cover one...

Quoting comptonkids: Chiropractor
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM
It's usually not very expensive out of pocket

Quoting TotallyWarped: My insurance won't cover one...

Quoting comptonkids: Chiropractor
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Maybe try sitting on a heating pad for a little bit? Hope you find relief!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)