Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you know you were pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

13 Women on How They Knew They Were Pregnant -- No Pee Stick Required

Wendy Robinson
Wendy Robinson

I was driving home from work when I suddenly smelled the unmistakable scent of fried chicken. Given that there were no fried chicken places within five miles of me, my first thought was, "This is odd." My second thought was, "Oh. I'm pregnant."

I went home that night and, though I hadn't even missed a period yet, I took a pregnancy test. It was positive, but I wasn't surprised -- my nose had already convinced me.

Although it doesn't feel official until you see a positive pregnancy, a lot of women I know can pinpoint the exact moment they knew they were pregnant -- no pee stick required. From psychics to sore boobs, click through the slideshow for 13 more funny and surprising ways women have figured out that they had a bun in the oven.

How did you know you were pregnant?

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shiny76
by Stephine on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:20 PM

the first time i had no clue, i was testing with a friend as support to them and mine was positive her's was negative. This current pregnancy, i had a dream the night before i was telling a friend i was pregnant. tested the next morning and it was positive.

Eliza04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM

First time not sure why I tested, 2nd was because I got extremely car sick which only happens when pregnant. 3rd and 4th I can't remember. 5th we were TTC and it was my birthday plus time for AF so tested and it was positive.  This one I had what I thought was the flu like everyone else in my house, but they got better and I didn't, blaring positive with this one.

Azure
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:28 PM

Nausea! Always my first sign. I can tell you sooner than any test on the market for myself! :P

acclbentz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:29 PM

DD1 I was crampy and missed my period. We'd been trying, so it wasn't really too much of a surprise when I got a positive.

DS was a surprise...I had my mirena removed September 7th, and got positive tests October 2nd/3rd. No symptoms, nothing, and I wasn't due for my period yet. Just felt really good, and decided to test for the hell of it.

DD3, my periods were off. Tested for the hell of it the day after my golden birthday, and was surprised to get a positive.

Baby #4, I got to the day my period was due, realized I had no symptoms of it coming, and sure enough got a positive. 

TotallyWarped
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:46 PM
This pregnancy, woke up feeling sick and by lunchtime I really wanted a bacon cheeseburger. I tested that evening and it was positive!

With my DD, I was due for my period on new years eve and when it didn't show up, I tested before going out and tada.

With my DS, I just felt off so I tested and it came up positive. He was my only planned baby!
o.n.a.9311
by Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:56 PM

I have had the most intense breast pain for the last 2 weeks. Usually, if it's PMS associated, it will go away within the first day or two. Then I started noticing I was extremely exhausted and having trouble sleeping. So I decided to test and it was positive :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)