Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Addicted to pregnancy

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:11 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you believe this is possible?

Do you know anyone who is?

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:13 PM
Lol
It could be argued that I am, since I'm on #5 right now

But I'm not, lol
Azure
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:22 PM

Quoting comptonkids: Lol It could be argued that I am, since I'm on #5 right now But I'm not, lol

I had someone tell me I was once since we have five children. I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes so hard. Pregnancy is so rough on me. I love babies, so if anything I'm addicted to them. ;) but definitely not to pregnancy itself.

Eliza04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:22 PM

Depends by what you mean.  I know that people can be addicted to the attention they get while pregnant, so want to be pregnant more. There are people that want to be pregnant so bad that that is all the base their lives around, long time TTC people have a danger of getting this way.  There are males that think their partners are the most beautiful when pregnant and would rather have them be that way.  So I would not be surprised if a women loved being pregnant so much that she just kept herself that way, but a body can only handle stuff like that so long before giving out.

Azure
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Quoting Eliza04:

Depends by what you mean.  I know that people can be addicted to the attention they get while pregnant, so want to be pregnant more. There are people that want to be pregnant so bad that that is all the base their lives around, long time TTC people have a danger of getting this way.  There are males that think their partners are the most beautiful when pregnant and would rather have them be that way.  So I would not be surprised if a women loved being pregnant so much that she just kept herself that way, but a body can only handle stuff like that so long before giving out.

I believe there are women out there addicted to it as well.  I don't think someone should assume that just because someone has a big family they're addicted to pregnancy, though.

guppysown
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:26 PM

Sometimes I wonder if I am! I love being pregnant, I love discussing labor and delivery.  One of my hobbies is charting my cycle.  I worry after this baby is born I'll be really depressed because I know we're done! 

Eliza04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:28 PM

Quoting Azure:

Quoting Eliza04:

I believe there are women out there addicted to it as well.  I don't think someone should assume that just because someone has a big family they're addicted to pregnancy, though.

Definitely I am on #6 and so not addicted to pregnancy. Most of the time it sucks and I so can't wait for it to be over. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2016 at 12:35 AM
I'm not sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
browncoat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2016 at 12:38 AM

I don't know that "addiction" is the right word, but certainly some women like it more than others. I've had 6, only 2 of my own. Four were surrogate pregnancies, and I hope to have one more surrogate baby and one more of my own. I'm sure that some would say that of me. 

sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2016 at 1:30 AM
Me. I absolutely adore being pregnant.

When I first met my DH I was a nanny. When I started, the mother ran a daycare also, which I in turn ran without her help. She kept 4 of the daycare kids but sometimes I'd have 6 daycare kids because her husband's emplyee often used our/MY services...note the irritation.. I did this for 3.5 years. When I was done I didn't want kids. You see, I got to go home with no kids at the end of the day, Mom's don't. When I met my boyfriend (DH) he wanted kids. We argued about it for many years. Five years into our relationship we got a surprise, I was pregnant. I was 26 but turned 27 before he was born. DH was elated about the pregnancy, I was not. After I had the baby, all I could think of was what an amazing journey I had just been through, how much I adoreded my new baby and how dearly I wanted to do it all over again. I LOVED labor and delivery (still do). Over the course of 8 years I've had 4 amazing pregnancies and babies. Now that we're on 5, I'm sad to say it's our last. Not necessarily because of the number of children we have but because I'll be 36 when this one is born and if I had another I know it will be a lot for me and I'm not getting younger.
After all this I have ONE regret. Just one. I wish I had listened to my husband. I wish I'd started sooner. I spent my twenties fighting against the most wonderful thing that could ever happen to me.

I love pregnancy. When this chapter is over I will be sad.
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2016 at 6:10 AM
I've never heard of anyone being addicted to pregnancy, I'm sure it happens though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)