Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your OB really supportive and open?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:50 PM
  • 13 Replies

I can talk to my OB about anything and everything and always feel heard whenever I go in, but I know some feel their OBs aren't so good at listening to them, or they're ignored completely when they raise concerns. 

Is your OB one of the good ones, or would you like to switch?

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acclbentz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 2:58 PM

My OB listens when I bring something up, and she addresses my concerns. As much as I'd like to switch due to major medical issues with my children not being caught until I found them, we've been with her for the better part of 7 years. 

DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM

I'm not pregnant right now, but hopig to be soon. Anyway, with my first my ob was horrible. She ended up going home and letting the now on call doc deliver me instead of sticking around and waiting. I ended up with an emergency csection and was scared, and a stranger was the one doing it.

With my second the doctor I had blew me off. Never really addressed my concerns. He sucked the big one.

With my third the ob I had was amazing. He listened to me, took his time with me, and was on the ball when problems occured. I am going to use him next time for sure!

I couldn't change doctors the first couple of times because it was limited on who I could see because of the area I lived in, and I felt I struck gold with the last one.

Eliza04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:03 PM

I love my Family Practitioner, he has taken care of my whole family since right after my 1st was born. Delivered 4/5 of my babies and will be delivering this one.  Knows my whole family, our history, and takes good care of us. My first OB was horrible, didn't even know my name, was just another face, and didn't even deliver my baby. 

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM

My OB and MFM are both really awesome. They know my history and are being very proactive in this pregnancy with both my physical and mental/emtional care.

novachick
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:43 PM
I use a midwife but yes, I feel she is very supportive and open :)
Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:59 PM
I love mine. He's the beeeest.
Azure
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:14 PM

mine is the most open and supportive of all the ob's, but I'd still prefer a midwife. Now that we may be done having children, of course, the birthing center finally accepts our insurance. FML.

sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:19 PM
I ADORE my OB. He's amazing. He's delivered all 4 of my babies and we are super excited for him to deliver our 5th. We joke about him not being there or being on vacation but we know he wants to be there for us as much as we want him there. If he delivers this baby it will be the first time he's delivered all 5 of one couples children. He's so awesome. He rides a Harley to work everyday. Fridays are "casual fridays" at his office and my last appointment happened to fall on a Friday and he was in jeans and a Harley t-shirt. His face is always red and his nose is always burnt from his long joyrides.
I love how laid back he is but at a moments notice can be as serious as need be.
JadeHope
by Jade on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:24 PM
My OB is awesome. I've seen her for years for gyn care.
Allysha18
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:24 PM
Love my Ob. She's amazing. My old on was was also amazing. Only traded because we moved so far away. I'd recommend both. They've always addressed all my concerns.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)