Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally had the baby!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:02 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

Born on 4/08. She weighed 7lbs 15 oz, 20 inches long, and her name is Harley Quinn  :)

She was 2 weeks late! You could really tell lol. Her skin was so dry and cracked. I spent 2 days rubbing lanolin into her hands and feet to make them feel normal and stop the cracks from bleeding. Other than that... no problem at all!

It was actually my easiest labor. My water broke Friday morning around 7:00. I knew I was in Labor the night before but I decided to just go to sleep. I woke the kids up, me and my husband drove them to my moms, went to BK and got some breakfast, than headed in to the hospital. I got there and was 4cm, took a 45 minute bath and ended up at 6cm, and then I got my epidural. It was placed PERFECTLY! I literally felt nothing lol. I was on the phone calmly talking to my sister while I was pushing and had her out in about 5 minutes:). I was only in labor for about 6 hours (after water breaking) when they usually last about 32 hours.

I actually feel amazing. Im not bleeding anymore, nothing is really sore, and I came home yesterday and made a lasagna for dinner lol.

She is really the best baby ever. I decided to breast feed and I feel like it was the best decision I could have made. I am supplementing with formula as recommended by her pediatrician. She didn't pee for 24 hours and lost quite a bit of weigh before we left. But she is nursing very well and I make sure to breast feed on each side for 30 minutes or so before I will even offer her a bottle, and so far she only had formula 4 times.

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedtohave7
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Beautiful kids...and Congratulations to healthy baby.
Eliza04
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:09 PM

So cute, Congratz on everything going so well.

hurst0three
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:18 PM
Awww beautiful kids and story! Congrats <3
Peregrine
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
So pretty! Congratulations
Franny76
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:31 PM
That's awesome !! Congrats !!!
RocknRoll.Rose
by Melody on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:43 PM
She's precious! I'm getting ready to have mine as we speak.
DixonBabies
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM

congrats! My niece is also a Harly Quinn. Her parents are completely obsessed with batman.

-BluEydDvl-
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:36 PM
Congrats!
ThePoopFace
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:48 PM

yaay! hope everything goes well

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: She's precious! I'm getting ready to have mine as we speak.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Aw! Congrats!! I love the name Harley! So cute.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)