Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much weight have you gained?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:41 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm 6 months and I've gained 22 pounds. I nearly cried when I stepped on the scale today at my monthly appointment. I'm in a normal weight range so I'm okay to gain up to 35. My doctor didn't seem concerned but it still makes me uneasy. I eat healthy and exercise and I really don't know where I've gained all that weight. She said some women just gain weight no matter how healthy they are from water retention and all.
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2016 at 5:54 PM

Sounds fine to me! Some women do gain more. I know a few who gained 50 pounds during their pregnancies!

sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:07 PM
Weight gain had always been something I struggle with during pregnancy. I can't gain in the beginning and then it's like a weight bomb went off and all I do is gain, gain, gain. I'll gain up to as much as 45 by the time I'm done. Breastfeeding always melts it right off though and before I know it I'm back to trying to gain weight again. It's just hard to see weights on the scale that you normally never see.
Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:09 PM
I've gained much more at this point in my pregnancy than I did at this point in my first 2. As long as you're within health range don't sweat it. :) You'll have the rest of your life to worry about it if you want to worry, don't do it now. Just enjoy being pregnant!
JadeHope
by Jade on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:24 PM
I'm 10 weeks and have lost about 3 lbs.
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM
With my previous pregnancies, I gained a lot. So far I'm down 7 pounds and I'm 13 weeks.
-BluEydDvl-
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:34 PM
Seven pounds at 16 weeks.
SaigeMarie
by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:40 PM
15 weeks - 3 lbs.
soonersfan
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 7:41 PM
16 weeks 4 pounds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acclbentz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:52 PM

I'm 21 weeks, and so far have stayed consistant at 200lbs with this baby. My last three I lost weight before I gained due to severe HG. DD1 I gained upwards of 60lbs. DS I gained 30 which I then lost in the weeks after he was born (started at 200). DD2 I gained about 30 (dropped to 170, and once I could eat again I jumped back to 200).

Lilypie Maternity tickers

tattoomommy89
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 8:59 PM
35 weeks and gained 8 lbs....

But that's because I started out at 240, had severe morning sickness and lost a lot of weight, then I started to gain, I gained 4 lbs, then a sudden 4 lbs from a steroid shot last week to stop contractions
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)