Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swift kick in the back?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:32 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm 25w/5d and am FINALLY at the stage I never thought I could ever be at... I'm SEEING baby kick!!! It's so crazy! 

Today though, I swear I have been feeling her kick around the lower part of my spine and to the right a little. I'll feel discomfort there while also feeling movements in the same area but in the front. 

Has anyone ever felt baby moving around in their back? Sometimes I also feel it in my butt. lol. Crazy pregnancy experiences!

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shiny76
by Stephine on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:38 PM

i don't really feel much when she's facing my back, unless she hiccups cause something in there is also close to my cervix and bladder and when she gets the hiccups it's on....pains and peeing.

right behind ya at 25w3d lol

annanabee
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:05 PM
I definitely don't feel anything in my back - maybe something to bring up to your doctor?
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I love that stage where you can see baby moving. I have an anterior placenta this time, so I do feel some of the movements a little deeper, but never far enough to be in my back. I'm not sure how it would be possible to feel movement in your butt and I'm not sure about the back movement either. Baby could be hitting a nerve or something though.

-BluEydDvl-
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Just wait til you're kicked in the cervix. Good times, lol! Congrats on baby kicks! It's so wonderful!
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 11:06 PM
This is my 5th pregnancy, though I'm not far enough to feel big kicks, I dont think I felt kicks in the back. Sounds painful. My 1st got his toes stuck in between my ribs and was always up in my liver. He was by far my most uncomfortable pregnancy.
lilmissknwitall
by Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 8:04 AM

What I feel is like a tingling discomfort so maybe baby was hitting a nerve or something. I connected it with baby movement because if I concentrate on it, I coincided with what I was feeling in the belly area. 

Quoting sapphirelibra: This is my 5th pregnancy, though I'm not far enough to feel big kicks, I dont think I felt kicks in the back. Sounds painful. My 1st got his toes stuck in between my ribs and was always up in my liver. He was by far my most uncomfortable pregnancy.

johnny4ever
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 3:29 PM

I miss those kicks!

Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 7:37 PM
I love the kicks. I haven't felt that in my back though.
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 8:02 PM

LOL I know they can be crazy in there.

momofnatalie
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 9:16 PM

I hope it goes away soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)