Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after tubal ligation

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:54 PM
  • 28 Replies
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice.
I had a tubal ligation in Dec of 2013, after the birth of our youngest daughter. That was 16 months ago. The last few weeks I have been experiencing some weird symptoms. Dizziness, extreme lightheadedness, crazy food cravings, enlarged breasts and stomach (I am hoping due to the food intake) and I have been so tired between 1pm and 5pm everyday. There are days there is nothing I can do to stay awake. I have 5 children, 4 of which are mine biologically and I carried them to full term, all vaginal births. So I do know pregnancy symptoms... Ihave read that a pregnancy after a tubal ligation isnt common, but not rare and could actually be an eptopc pregnancy. Anyone have any thoughts or advice? I am traveling now but going to try and get in to see an OB/GYN as soon as I can. I know an eptopic pregnancy can, in some cases, be lethal.

Thank you,
Olivia
by on May. 8, 2016 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OFortune
by New Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:55 PM
Sorry it was Dec of 2014.***

Olivia
musicNcaffeine
by on May. 8, 2016 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
For starters take a pregnancy test. Ectopic or not, it will show on a test. Otherwise going to your ob is your best bet.
JadeHope
by Jade on May. 8, 2016 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Take a pregnancy test. It is possible after either a tubal or a vasectomy to conceive. It's not super common, but does happen.
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2016 at 9:44 PM

Quoting musicNcaffeine: For starters take a pregnancy test. Ectopic or not, it will show on a test. Otherwise going to your ob is your best bet.

Join us in    

mrswillie
by on May. 9, 2016 at 8:04 AM
I would take a home pregnancy test but you may just be jumping to conclusions. There's cyst symptoms could be something else also.
goddess99
by on May. 9, 2016 at 8:27 AM
Are you a bit older? Could be heading into menopause.
LaniBee
by on May. 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM
Are you having any pain? Good luck and I hope you feel better soon :)
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:36 AM
Test
Azure
by Group Admin on May. 9, 2016 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with testing and possibly going to see the doctor from there. Sending positive thoughts your way.

janessa27
by on May. 9, 2016 at 10:19 AM

I also agree with taking a test- good luck!:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)