Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

what women crave during pregnancy, especially the weird stuff!

Posted by on May. 14, 2007 at 2:11 PM
  • 10 Replies
I live in Virginia and a friend that writes for our local paper The Northern Virginia Daily is witing a story on this topic.... Does any one want to forward any strange cravings they have had during pregnancy for her article?
Thanks
Veronica
by on May. 14, 2007 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexylilmamaof3
by on May. 14, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Ha Ha ! this sounds fun because mine is very strange my whole family thinks i'm weird but this is my 3rd pregnancy and i'm 38 weeks but with all 3 pregnancys i craved the smell of a cheap foam sponge i also like to wet them and chew on them lol

MirandaLynn
by on May. 14, 2007 at 2:57 PM
When I was pregnant with Ethan I craved toothpaste. lol I couldn't stand the taste of food in my mouth and I probably brushed my teeth 5 times a day. I also craved cheese crackers and pickles. I ate those like crazy!

With this pregnancy I crave orange juice and fast food. Anything greasy sounds AMAZING. I know it's horrible, and I'm trying to eat healthy, but I looooove fried tacos and eggrolls.
dot4me
by on May. 14, 2007 at 3:28 PM
YES!!! I craved baking soda with all three of my  pregnancies!! With my forth pregnancy I want green olives, pickles and wine. I don't drink wine, I don't even like wine, although I really want it. Go figure.
Irksmom
by on May. 14, 2007 at 3:32 PM
During my first pregnancy I craved strawberries.  That doesn't sound weird at first...but not just to eat.  I couldn't get enough of them to eat, smell, or anything. I switched to strawberry shampoo, I had strawberry candles throughout the house, I put strawberry air fresheners in my van, I even liked to look at strawberry printed kitchen towels. They envoked a sense of happiness in me and me smile.  Strange when you think about the obsession!
I'm pregnant again and only 6 weeks along...so far I want a ham/turkey sandwich everyday...that isn't so strange, but if I start wanting shampoo that smells like a delicatessan somebody stop me!!!!!!!!!
taramd3
by on May. 14, 2007 at 3:43 PM
with my 1st daughter i wanted nachos with pickles all the time. with my 2nd daughter i was constantly eating ice. with this one i have been craving fudge popcicles...lol
newmom03
by on May. 14, 2007 at 3:54 PM
anything frozen!!!....especially lemonade!
nicole21
by on May. 14, 2007 at 3:57 PM
its not for sure if i'm pg yet but i am craving candy, and sugar.  I don't usually eat a lot of candy, but i can't keep my hands off it. 
thurstensmom
by Member on May. 14, 2007 at 7:58 PM
with my first it was bacon double cheeseburgers ONLY from Burger King! This time around I am 4 months along and it has been green olives and lettuce with ranch dressing
youngmom2004
by on May. 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM
I craved with my first daughter everything in sight but my favorite food with her was Chinese food. I am 39 weeks pregnant with my second daughter and i am craving sugary food and putting weird food together like pizza and barbecue sauce.
melissamilitia
by on May. 15, 2007 at 3:33 AM
The other night I was eating salsa out of the jar with a spoon and banana ice cream.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)