Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain question...

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM
  • 23 Replies
I'm 38 weeks now...

Today I was changing my shirt and got this sudden sharp pain under my right breast and it shot around my right side to my back, just near my spine. I laid down for a bit, took my bra off and had a glass of water. It went away after about 10 minutes.

The pain was so bad I could barely breathe, just short shallow breaths. I still have some pain under my right breast, nowhere near as bad as it was though.

Anyone else experience that?
by on May. 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wineandcheese
by Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:58 PM
I did, much earlier in my pregnancies, and it ended up being two different things. First time I had it, the baby head broken a rib!!!! The second time, they decided I had undiagnosed gallstones. They tried to tell me that's what it probably was the first time, but I have xrays that away otherwise.

It could also be chiropractic, if the baby compressed a nerve in your back. Either way, I hope you feel better soon!
DecaturS86
by Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:00 PM
Lol well I know it's not gallstones, had the gallbladder taken out 2 years ago. I didn't know a baby could crack ribs! That's insane!

Quoting wineandcheese: I did, much earlier in my pregnancies, and it ended up being two different things. First time I had it, the baby head broken a rib!!!! The second time, they decided I had undiagnosed gallstones. They tried to tell me that's what it probably was the first time, but I have xrays that away otherwise.

It could also be chiropractic, if the baby compressed a nerve in your back. Either way, I hope you feel better soon!
mikesmom65270
by on May. 31, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Could be a compressed nerve.

aneela
by on May. 31, 2016 at 9:02 PM

not here, but if it happens again you can call your doctor or nurse and see what they say if they want you to come in

DecaturS86
by Member on May. 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM
I have an appointment coming up, I'm going to bring it up to the doctor then and see what they say. The sharp pain is gone, now it's kind of a burning sensation occasionally not all the time...

Quoting aneela:

not here, but if it happens again you can call your doctor or nurse and see what they say if they want you to come in

conweis
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Babies can be violent lol. Ds5 was pressing on my pelvis I thought it was going to break in two. Then he kicked me in my kidney so hard it fell out the bed screaming. I went into labor that night but that area was sore for a week.

Quoting DecaturS86: Lol well I know it's not gallstones, had the gallbladder taken out 2 years ago. I didn't know a baby could crack ribs! That's insane!

Quoting wineandcheese: I did, much earlier in my pregnancies, and it ended up being two different things. First time I had it, the baby head broken a rib!!!! The second time, they decided I had undiagnosed gallstones. They tried to tell me that's what it probably was the first time, but I have xrays that away otherwise.

Apr1l
by on May. 31, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Quoting mikesmom65270:

Could be a compressed nerve.

I agree this
DecaturS86
by Member on May. 31, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Omg I'm so sorry lol

I have a whole lot of pressure sometimes on my hips and in my pelvis, feels like I'm going to crack in half. It's getting worse by the day.

Labor is not coming fast enough with this one. This next week is going to be very rough lol

Quoting conweis: Babies can be violent lol. Ds5 was pressing on my pelvis I thought it was going to break in two. Then he kicked me in my kidney so hard it fell out the bed screaming. I went into labor that night but that area was sore for a week.

Quoting DecaturS86: Lol well I know it's not gallstones, had the gallbladder taken out 2 years ago. I didn't know a baby could crack ribs! That's insane!

Alexsi1
by on May. 31, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Sounds like a compressed nerve or pulled muscle.

conweis
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2016 at 10:29 PM
Ds5 labor was horrible but I remember a huge relief right afterwards. I was in pain for weeks before he came

Quoting DecaturS86: Omg I'm so sorry lol

I have a whole lot of pressure sometimes on my hips and in my pelvis, feels like I'm going to crack in half. It's getting worse by the day.

Labor is not coming fast enough with this one. This next week is going to be very rough lol

Quoting conweis: Babies can be violent lol. Ds5 was pressing on my pelvis I thought it was going to break in two. Then he kicked me in my kidney so hard it fell out the bed screaming. I went into labor that night but that area was sore for a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)