Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School is out!!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:32 AM
  • 30 Replies

Anyone in college on summer break or have kids that are now out of school.

I have 3 school age kids that are now done for the summer and it's been a bit of an adjustment but a good one.  How is everyone doing?

by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 9:55 PM

I'm taking a break for the first part of summer semester, but the second half, I'll have two classes, then for fall and spring I'll have two classes or one class and my internship (depending on when I can do my internship, fall or spring).

Doing alright.

MistyMoo
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:33 PM
My kiddos are done on the 24th, but school isn't actually out until the 29th. MIL wants to take the kids to her place for two weeks.. it will be nice to have a break 😃
Tik_N_Tok
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 10:38 PM
I have nieces and nephews who are out now and will be spending more time at our house.
kajira
by Emma on Jun. 11, 2016 at 11:13 PM

i homeschool, so we took our "summer" vacation over spring while i recovered from the baby... we'll be picking up and finishing up the school year over the summer before starting the next grade this fall! :)

love homeschooling, makes it so much easier to be flexible when needed.

bethanymommy
by Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 12:51 AM
I'm in College. Taking a light 2 classes over the summer. Kids have been home for a few weeks now. Now that they are home, I am missing my daily afternoon nap that I've needed since getting pregnant...but other than that it's going fine.
acclbentz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 9:47 AM

My oldest two (6 and 5) are in school, and decided this year that they wanted to do summer school. Their last day of actual school was June 2nd, and this last week was their first week of summer school. It's been quiet in my house in the mornings, and come September I'll have two in school full time, so I'm taking it as a bit of a preview of what I'll get, minus the newborn, lol!

It hasn't been too bad for us yet though. We've got enough stuff going on to keep us busy between my dr appointments, my youngest's dr appointments, both my best friend and my grandma moving by july 1st, summer school, fair, etc. 

Azure
by Group Admin on Jun. 12, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Our kiddos are home from school. I love having them with me. The heat is messing up a lot of our hoped for plans as far as this summer goes, unfortunately.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 2:53 PM
So smart!!😊

Quoting kajira:

i homeschool, so we took our "summer" vacation over spring while i recovered from the baby... we'll be picking up and finishing up the school year over the summer before starting the next grade this fall! :)

love homeschooling, makes it so much easier to be flexible when needed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 2:53 PM
My son's last day was on Friday. The last two days have been crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2016 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Good job, you're doing great!!

Quoting HunnyBabie:

I'm taking a break for the first part of summer semester, but the second half, I'll have two classes, then for fall and spring I'll have two classes or one class and my internship (depending on when I can do my internship, fall or spring).

Doing alright.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)