Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best baby carrier?.

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I don't come on here often.

What is the best baby carrier for grocery shopping, housework and going out to say the zoo? I'm looking for something that will be comfortable and something that will last.

Any help would be appreciative :).
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I used the Maya ring sling for my newborns or quick outings. When they got older and if I was going to wear them for a while I used the ergo. The baby Becco is also good. Mei tais are also really good. You just want to find one that keeps baby's hips apart so legs aren't dangling straight down, one that has baby chest to chest with the is heads high enough so you can kiss baby's head.

This website has a lot of good info

http://babywearinginternational.org/what-is-babywearing/safety/
kajira
by Emma on Jun. 11, 2016 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I love my ERGO baby carrier.

LattesAndWine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 1:40 PM
I see there are different types of ergo carriers. What particular one do you recommend?

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 11, 2016 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

The style I like, is discontinued now I think.

'

https://www.amazon.com/OrangeTag-Carrier-Comfort-Backpack-Fashion/dp/B00V9AZCNA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_75_34?ie=UTF8&dpID=41fU-80%2BVkL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=Z03CTX2XKWMWZ96SF899

I use that one alot, especially when I baby wear in public, I keep this one in my car most of the time and use a different one in the house. I pump while wearing her too for my toddler. It has a built in hood to go over her head that helps with keeping people from touching baby's. I find that most people who don't have strong shouldres and backs will find this one not supportive enough because it doesn't connect to the hips to help even out the weight. 

This is the one I've bought a bunch of, but it's discontinued now. I've used it with 3 babies and I bought one for this baby right before they discontinued it :

https://www.amazon.com/Infantino-Ergonomic-Carrier-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B004FMAMNY/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1465667066&sr=8-1&keywords=union+ergo

But this is the style I prefer.

Here are some similar styles that may work for you :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YC53FOC?psc=1

I would jusut read reviews, and find one based on your shape and size, any any physical issues you may have a problem with.

I'm 5'7, and thin, so alot of the wraps and other style carriers, slings, or ones that required only on one shoulder don't work for me. I have a bad back, but strong shoulders, so I prefer those that sit like a back pack on my shoulders with lumbar support on my lower back.

Quoting LattesAndWine: I see there are different types of ergo carriers. What particular one do you recommend?
Quoting kajira:

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the ring sling for infants and quick outings for my older kids. I used my Ergo for like months 4-12 nearly nonstop. Hoping to get a Tula for this baby.
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 5:17 PM

No, not a million, just as many times as memebers of this group. ;)  We all ask and we all answer, and some of us ask more than once. =)

I like a ring sling for when I'm carrying the baby, like out in public.  I have had two Over The Shoulder Baby Holder brand slings.   The company was based in San Fransisco, but they're closed now.

When I'm trying to get things done inside the house, I put the baby in the carseat or a walker and bring him/her around with me.  I don't like actually carrying the baby when I'm doing housework.  This time, I don't have a walker, I bought a 3-in-1 high chair; it's a high chair w/ tray, a low chair (w/ or w/o the tray), and a table.  So I put that in the livingroom w/ toys on the tray and the tv on; helps keep baby busy so I can get stuff done.

When I take baby outside, I put LO in an umbrella stroller.  I don't do a lot outside beyond walking around, but it's easier for me to do a little thing here or there if I'm not carrying the baby in my arms.  (My umbrella stroller was delayed this time, and I did put the baby in the carseat and set the carseat in the wheelbarrow; not a long-term solution.)

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 2:58 PM
I really liked using a ring sling for my newborns.

Once they get to be about 4-5 months and up, I like the Ergo. Infact, my daughter turns 2 this month & we still use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by on Jun. 13, 2016 at 12:15 PM
I think i used a bjorn
mama2b100808
by on Jun. 13, 2016 at 1:40 PM
I don't know never used one
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 13, 2016 at 1:49 PM
Haven't used one in many many years
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)