Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fibroids & Pregnancy

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:11 PM
  • 16 Replies
Has anyone had to deal with fibroids during pregnancy? I found out like 2 days ago that I may have fibroids. I had to be rushed to the hospital from work because the pain was so bad I could barely walk or sit. I've read online that being pregnant can make them worse. I already have to deal with horrible back pain because I have scoliosis now this. Ugh any advice will be appreciated. I was told I can take tylenol if the pain gets too bad but I'd rather not take anything.
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Group Admin on Jun. 12, 2016 at 11:21 AM

I haven't as far as I know (and it sounds like I would know), but I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Do warm baths or hot packs help at all?

TiffAhKnee
by Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 12:56 PM
I honestly haven't tried, but I will now. I didn't know I could use hot packs while being pregnant.

Quoting Azure:

I haven't as far as I know (and it sounds like I would know), but I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Do warm baths or hot packs help at all?

Azure
by Group Admin on Jun. 12, 2016 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TiffAhKnee: I honestly haven't tried, but I will now. I didn't know I could use hot packs while being pregnant.
Quoting Azure:

You just have to use common sense and not let yourself get over-heated.

timon95
by on Jun. 13, 2016 at 12:18 PM
No, sorry. Hope someone can help you out.
mama2b100808
by on Jun. 13, 2016 at 1:42 PM
No sorry but hope someone can help you.
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 13, 2016 at 1:52 PM
No. Hope you get some helpful ideas
Allysha18
by on Jun. 13, 2016 at 1:54 PM
I don't have fibroids but I've had a lot of pain this pregnancy. Tylenol is safe to take. I used it both pregnancies when needed. But I limited it to bed time. Lately it's almost every night.
S.M.ile
by Member on Jun. 13, 2016 at 2:10 PM
Me. I had one about 4 centimeters before getting pregnant. It grew to almost 8 centimeters in the first trimester and then stopped growing and moved low down. Luckily it doesn't push the baby.
On my 20 weeks ultrasound, they found a second small one.
I have back pain, it was pretty bad, but got better last 4-5 weeks (after week 21).
I'm sorry that you have to go through this! My doctor told me that there is nothing that can be done literally. It's growing because of the hormones in the beginning of the pregnancy and later they may stop growing or even shrink.
All you can do is to eat healthy (no meat and cheese with growth hormones)....
I hope that things will get better!
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2016 at 2:41 PM

They found 2 really small ones near my c-section scar when they did a scan to check how my scar is holding up. They are small enough that it isn't causing me any pain though. I understand how you feel about tylenol, I'm the same way while pregnant.

MistyMoo
by on Jun. 13, 2016 at 4:42 PM
When I went for my first ultrasound they found a medium sized fibroid. When I went back for my 20 week ultrasound they said they hadn't grown and they weren't in the way, so that was some good news, I guess. I don't think I've had any pain in pregnancy due to it.. but I dont know how long I've had it either. I think I got it after I had my son.. I remember the one technician. Asking if I had an IUD in when I went in for my first ultrasound with my second child. But I never heard anything about fibroids until this pregnancy amd this is my fifth pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)