Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st appointment scheduled!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
My first prenatal appointment will be 8/8, in the morning. Thank god! This morning sickness is kicking my ass. I've never had it this bad, this early. I'm 5w4d and it's been on going for a week already!
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaNeeNee
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:00 PM

Yay!  I had the worst morning sickness this time around. The meds prescribed helped a ton

Princess_Thena
by Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:02 PM
I've always needed some meds to help, but usually it's not that bad until 8 weeks. I'm already close to throwing in the towel :/ No sleep, vomiting several times, and constant nausea will do that to you.

Quoting MamaNeeNee:

Yay!  I had the worst morning sickness this time around. The meds prescribed helped a ton

oliveoil423
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:02 PM
Don't get up to fast.

Have dh put a glass of ginger ale and saltine crackers at the side of your bed in the morning.

Also eat small meals.

If you still feel like that get some preggi prago pops, they are suppose to work great.

I found out early with this third pregnancy so I kept eating so I won't get it the morning sickness and I was expecting it also.

Princess_Thena
by Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:05 PM
I can't do ginger, and even crackers make me ill. The preggo pops do nothing. Once I can't handle it anymore, I always end up having to take meds, because none of the OTC remedies even help.

Quoting oliveoil423: Don't get up to fast.

Have dh put a glass of ginger ale and saltine crackers at the side of your bed in the morning.

Also eat small meals.

If you still feel like that get some preggi prago pops, they are suppose to work great.

I found out early with this third pregnancy so I kept eating so I won't get it the morning sickness and I was expecting it also.

oliveoil423
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:08 PM
Oh have you tried like sprite, or mist twist (seira mist)?

Nothing helped with my last two. Unless I took my mind off it and watched tv and ate like that. I try to find food that my stomach can handle and what I can eat.

Quoting Princess_Thena: I can't do ginger, and even crackers make me ill. The preggo pops do nothing. Once I can't handle it anymore, I always end up having to take meds, because none of the OTC remedies even help.

Also eat small meals.

Princess_Thena
by Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:21 PM
I've tried it all. There really isn't anything my stomach can handle. It can't handle anything.

Quoting oliveoil423: Oh have you tried like sprite, or mist twist (seira mist)?

Nothing helped with my last two. Unless I took my mind off it and watched tv and ate like that. I try to find food that my stomach can handle and what I can eat.

Quoting Princess_Thena: I can't do ginger, and even crackers make me ill. The preggo pops do nothing. Once I can't handle it anymore, I always end up having to take meds, because none of the OTC remedies even help.

Also eat small meals.

oliveoil423
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:40 PM
I'm sorry I hope you feel better really quick from the morning sickness.

Quoting Princess_Thena: I've tried it all. There really isn't anything my stomach can handle. It can't handle anything.

Quoting oliveoil423: Oh have you tried like sprite, or mist twist (seira mist)?

Also eat small meals.

Parker90
by Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:44 PM
I hope you feel better soon. I have hyperemisis and before meds was in the hospital from fluid loss. I passed out at work at my desk. One of the things that I tolerated a little were Pedialyte popsicles. If I ate it really slowly i could keep it down 80% of the time.
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:53 PM
Congrats on the pregnancy and the best of luck for the nausea/ vomiting... This time was the worse for me also. 😔🙏🏻
FlouriteQueen
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 10:41 PM

Oh how exciting!!! I mean..morning sickness is terrible but such a good sign <3

My first apt is the 19th I am 5 weeks 4 days as well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)