• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post your bumps! How far along are you today?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:20 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

28 weeks tomorrow.

Ooohhh! I'm so excited. I'm getting big. Baby is moving so much. I can't believe how big my family is already! Baby 10!!! I don't want it to end and yet I can't wait to experience labor again. I can't wait to smell my baby. Oh, the newborn smell!

Share your baby bumps! How far along are you?
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Are you done after this one? I'm so jealous you've had 10 kids!!! I keep waiting for my period to come back so I can start TTC again in a couple months for #6 (5 living!) and you've had double me! LOL! I wish I could double mine. (I'd totally be ok with 8) haha!

You are adorable.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk. It just kind of depends on how NFP goes. I was kind of wanting this one, so this baby wasn't actually a fail with NFP. Lol

Quoting kajira:

Are you done after this one? I'm so jealous you've had 10 kids!!! I keep waiting for my period to come back so I can start TTC again in a couple months for #6 (5 living!) and you've had double me! LOL! I wish I could double mine. (I'd totally be ok with 8) haha!

You are adorable.

kajira
by Emma on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:41 PM

That's good!

Quoting kcangel63: Idk. It just kind of depends on how NFP goes. I was kind of wanting this one, so this baby wasn't actually a fail with NFP. Lol
Quoting kajira:

You are adorable.

kajira
by Emma on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:10 PM

I wouldn't have been able to afford this family if my housing costs were 3x where we live now, like they were back in WA state. our 3 bedroom house rental with no yard, was 1500+ a month... and our 4bed-2bath house on acreage, was 500,000 when we bought it. :/ (worth 700 until the market crashed, so we lost money on it when we sold it)

My husband was in orthopedic sales  prior to deciding to have a career change. He's law enforcement now in a place that pays REALLY good compared to cost of living, with full benefits. We have very little deductibles on our health insurance and it's no additional cost for whatever many kids we have, and yearly checkups, vaccines and all maternity care has no deductible. our ER vists are 125 - and a hospital stay max out of pocket is 125 per visit. (so my entire hospital/pregnancy care for our newest one, was 300 bucks.)

They also help with some fertility treatments. (Which our old insurance didn't.)

We make less on paper, but ironically, end up having more in the bank just because of the insurance alone. Add in the retirement and other nice benefits, and we are set when he's ready to retire.

We have a cheap old house, and do most of the repairs ourselves. We do splurge on our grocery bill.. (but i'm trying to figure out how to reduce some of the costs, since my teenager can eat more then the rest of us put together if you let him LOL)

We buy cars with cash, so no monthly payments, and get discounts on insurances and stuff, because of his job. I homeschool, and buy supplies as I need them. no "community" supplies and I buy clothes for the kids as they need stuff (and I do spend more than I need too on new clothes, I like shopping haha)

I work part time from home - but I'm about to stop because I can't seem to meet deadlines anymore and start writing for myself more under my own penname instead of as a ghost writer. There's more earning potential writing for myself anyways.

we have a small hobby farm - and we definitely lose money on it, but it makes the kids happy

Quoting NoRagrets: How do you people afford so many kids? What do your husband's do?.
Quoting kajira:

You are adorable.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:33 PM
We live in rural Missouri where the col is very cheap. My dh is a contractor/maintenance for a local resort, we work festivals together, and are about to open a BBQ restaurant. I also encapsulate placentas on the side every once in a while for a little extra cash.

We also live where we don't need a lot. We are selling our house and looking for land. We have chickens and rabbits we raise for meat and eggs. We hunt and fish. I am attempting to garden (I'm not good at it). I also cloth diaper, repurpose a lot of household items, breastfeed so I don't have formula cost, birth at home so no dr/hospital cost, homeschool, all our vehicles and house are paid for, we buy food in bulk and cook from scratch for the most part. We have lots of money saving ways of living.

Quoting NoRagrets: How do you people afford so many kids? What do your husband's do?.

Quoting kajira:

You are adorable.

-BluEydDvl-
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

33 weeks today. I'm so miserable! ☹️
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:01 PM
You look great. Not much longer. :)

Quoting -BluEydDvl-:

Mobile Photo

-BluEydDvl-
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:02 PM
Thank you!

Quoting kcangel63: You look great. Not much longer. :)

Quoting -BluEydDvl-:

Mobile Photo

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I will be 30 weeks tomorrow. I have a growth scan on Wednesday and I'm excited to see her in 4d.
nikabear
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
No bump yet but I will be 13 weeks tomorrow!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)