• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tylenol 3 and 13 weeks

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
My OB prescribed me Tylenol 3 for these migraines. She said take 2 every 6-8hrs as needed.

I was wondering if it's normal for them to prescribe 2 instead of one. I'm super obsessive right now, as I lost a baby April. I don't want to lose this one.
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeAmour
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:40 PM
Bump
rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 3:43 PM
It should be fine. I took Percocet all through my second and third pregnancies wirhout any issues, they just decreased the frequency I could take them (I've been on them for almost 10 years due to chronic pain from a car accident). The medication won't harm the baby. They only thing they were ever concerned about is the baby becoming dependent and going through withdrawals at birth (which is why they decreased the frequency for me). Neither of my babies had any side effects from the medication.

If you don't feel confortable taking 2 at a time, try just 1 to start and see if it works. Then if not you can up it to 2.
BeAmour
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 4:42 PM
Thank you for your reply.

Quoting rebeccasmommy09: It should be fine. I took Percocet all through my second and third pregnancies wirhout any issues, they just decreased the frequency I could take them (I've been on them for almost 10 years due to chronic pain from a car accident). The medication won't harm the baby. They only thing they were ever concerned about is the baby becoming dependent and going through withdrawals at birth (which is why they decreased the frequency for me). Neither of my babies had any side effects from the medication.

If you don't feel confortable taking 2 at a time, try just 1 to start and see if it works. Then if not you can up it to 2.
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 6:01 PM
I know Tylenol #3 has codeine, what I don't know if it's safe to take.
Do a little research. Feel better.
BeAmour
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:41 PM
Thank you. I did the research and it's safe for pregnancy but I can't get enough info on proper dosages for pregnancy.

Quoting NatyRod: I know Tylenol #3 has codeine, what I don't know if it's safe to take.
acclbentz
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:00 PM

I think that was my dose when my dr prescribed me T3's for migraines...I had a horrible reaction to it though. My migraine got worse and I was sick even worse than I had been for the entire night. I didn't take them again after that.

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM

I don't really know anything about that but I hope you are feeling better now and baby is fine.

AbbeysMom2013
by on Aug. 10, 2016 at 3:39 PM
Can you try one and see if that helps? Instead of taking two.

Quoting BeAmour: Thank you. I did the research and it's safe for pregnancy but I can't get enough info on proper dosages for pregnancy.

Quoting NatyRod: I know Tylenol #3 has codeine, what I don't know if it's safe to take.
Azure
by Group Admin on Aug. 10, 2016 at 3:46 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I refuse medication during pregnancy, so I'm sorry I don't have answers for you. Hopefully someone does. I hope your migraines stop! They're no fun!

mamamedic69
by on Aug. 10, 2016 at 3:49 PM

I would see if one helps. I hope you feel better. Migraines are horrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)