Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

πŸ˜πŸ˜• negative. Test but missed period

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:25 PM
  • 11 Replies
ladies I'm couple days late but negative test I'm stressing so bad ryte now because i haven't had sex since may 27th but I've been having normal but heavy cycle i came on in june and july but not August idk what to think and fyi i just had a baby 5 months ago as well i normally come on in the beginning but before i gotten pregnant with my 5 month old it was at the end of the month plz help
by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shay_Woods
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:47 PM
Bump
Azure
by Group Admin on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:29 PM

You're probably just not back on track with your cycles yet. I'd recommend reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. If you chart your cycle you'll stress less when these kinds of things happen. Good luck!

shay_Woods
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:09 PM
I've been charting them but still haven't came on for August yet

Quoting Azure:

You're probably just not back on track with your cycles yet. I'd recommend reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. If you chart your cycle you'll stress less when these kinds of things happen. Good luck!

Azure
by Group Admin on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:11 PM

Quoting shay_Woods: I've been charting them but still haven't came on for August yet
Quoting Azure:

Can you post your chart?

shay_Woods
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:21 PM
Its on my phone calendar
I had my daughter. 02/25/16
No period march
04/05/16 heavy bleeding ( Period)
05/4/16 period (sex may 23rd and 27th)
06/04/16 period
07/04/16 period
No period as of yet

Quoting Azure:

Quoting shay_Woods: I've been charting them but still haven't came on for August yet

Quoting Azure:

Can you post your chart?

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:54 PM

I can't imagine your hormones having regulated themselves in five months, so I wouldn't expect to have a regualr cycle.

If you don't mind my asking, are you breastfeeding?  Did you at all?

shay_Woods
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:04 PM
I tired it but she didn't latch so i pumped for close to a month when she was born and how long do it take for my hormones to straighten back up

Quoting HunnyBabie:

I can't imagine your hormones having regulated themselves in five months, so I wouldn't expect to have a regualr cycle.

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:08 PM

IDK, exactly.  The shortest I've breastfed was 4 mos, and I think my period came back almost right away, but it wasn't regular.

I just don't think that two days late is cause for alarm; I wait until I'm a week late to even test for pregnancy.  If I'm inexplicably late by a week and not pregnant, then I start to worry.

And my periods have always been really regular (w/in a day one way or the other of when I expected), except that it took a couple of years for them to straighten out after a m/c when I was 30.

Quoting shay_Woods: I tired it but she didn't latch so i pumped for close to a month when she was born and how long do it take for my hormones to straighten back up
Quoting HunnyBabie:

Happy Summer!!! 

shay_Woods
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:10 PM
Oh ok thanks you helped alot I'll give some time and try not to stress

Quoting HunnyBabie:

IDK, exactly.  The shortest I've breastfed was 4 mos, and I think my period came back almost right away, but it wasn't regular.

I just don't think that two days late is cause for alarm; I wait until I'm a week late to even test for pregnancy.  If I'm inexplicably late by a week and not pregnant, then I start to worry.

And my periods have always been really regular (w/in a day one way or the other of when I expected), except that it took a couple of years for them to straighten out after a m/c when I was 30.

Quoting shay_Woods: I tired it but she didn't latch so i pumped for close to a month when she was born and how long do it take for my hormones to straighten back up

Quoting HunnyBabie:

browncoat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 9:11 PM

It's very normal and expected to not have a regular period at 5 months post partum. There's nothing to be concerned about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)