Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(T.M.I) I apologize; Who should I see?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:37 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hi ladies. Oh boy, oh boy. I'm sorry if this is too much; but basically all members of this group seem to obviously be pregnant and can possibly relate to anything that may occur to me as it did or is occurring to you now. 

For a few days I've been getting a mild but not horrible odor with some itchiness. I don't feel comfortable saying where, but I'm sure you may know the location of my problem...seeing as how I believe it is potentially a yeast infection. 

I asked my mom if it is normal and if this is something harmful. I was relieved to hear that it isn't harmful but does occur to many women. 

My appointment for my new OB isn't until the 19th and I was reccomended to contact the office Monday to see if they can get me in. But I'm so uncomfortable. I do however see my primary physician Tuesday. My mom said that my primary can check for me. But I don't feel comfortable. Plus, he's my new primary and Tuesday is my first visit. And he's a guy. Although so won't be my OB, but when I think of an OB I obviously think about vagina's and baby knowledge. When I think of a PCP, I think of knowing about illnesses and the common cold. 

In your opinion, should I wait to see my OB and just call the office Mon. to inform them? Or should I let my PCP know?

Can it get worse in a weeks time?

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Group Admin on Aug. 6, 2016 at 7:45 PM

I'd take care of it ASAP. But I'd try using coconut oil.

newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:31 PM
Why not use over the counter cream? I would get into the OB not your primary.
mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a yeast infection. Those are more common during pregnancy.

You can safely treat with an OTC suppository during pregnancy. I had an infection during pregnancy and treated it that way. I didn't go to the doc first... I just knew what it was from experience, unfortunately.

Your PCP would be knowledgable enough to recommend treatment, since it's a common thing and yeast infections themselves are pretty basic and occur all over the body, but I totally understand not wanting to spread your legs to a guy on your first visit lol. I think you'd be safe just using an OTC treatment until you see your OB.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vaginitis/expert-answers/yeast-infection-during-pregnancy/faq-20058355
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Your body chemistry changes when you're pregnant, so different things grow and don't.

I would call the OB, b/c you're pregnant.  They can probably just Rx you something over the phone and you can pick it up, and then they can check on you when you get to the appt.

Yes, it can get worse in a week's time, unless you do something different to stop it.

Jean.dreams90
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 10:04 PM
I'd call your OB. After all they are experts on these matters.
MBMBRN
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:03 PM

Call your OB

BMead1695
by Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Couldn't take the itching and irritation. Went to an urgent care to see. I was treated a week ago for a UTI. but it never went away apparently. I have it again which is giving me these symptoms. Ugh!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:32 PM

I personally use apple cider vinegar. I have had better luck with it for YI then over the counter meds. But you can get over the counter YI meds that are safe to use while pregnant. YI are very common while pregnant. I personally have only had two in my life. One while pregnant with #5 and one after using a spermicide to prevent pregnancy. They can be awful so you need to take care of it soon. Mine while pregnant got so bad I had sores. I ended up in so much pain I couldn't move. My blood pressure was sky high from the pain. It was awful. So don't let it go. 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Also make sure to limit your sugar and carbs. Get some good probiotics. Eat lots of yogurt. You can also use garlic, yogurt, or coconut oil in stead of the ACV. I just personally prefer the ACV! 

newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 11:34 PM
Wow I'm glad you went hopefully the meds will work. Btw some antibiotics give me yeast infections so be careful!

Quoting BMead1695:

Couldn't take the itching and irritation. Went to an urgent care to see. I was treated a week ago for a UTI. but it never went away apparently. I have it again which is giving me these symptoms. Ugh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)