Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So it took two nurses to do an IV.

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:24 AM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

The last one worked. Lol But my advice don't ever ever let them do your hands. That was the worse. My bf refused to go the store with me . Because he said people would think he beats me. I am still bruised. Not fun but it had to be done.
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tina_a
by Christina on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
This happened to me once too. I was like omg look at me!
MistyMoo
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I've ever had it put in my hand. I'd bump it so much if they out one there..
sweetnlovely06
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I honestly have to say that some of these nurses do not know wat they r doing n they need to b retrained
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what I looked like after having my DD. She retried 4 times before giving up and asking another nurse (who got it in one try) for help. Then this same group of nurses tried to put an IV in my DD only to fail multiple times then dropped the vial of blood they took from her on the flooršŸ˜  They ended up getting her IV in her head next to her ear.
sweetnlovely06
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
The hand is worse, it hurts more n its very uncomfortable

Quoting MistyMoo: I don't think I've ever had it put in my hand. I'd bump it so much if they out one there..
Franny76
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:30 AM
I had my hand IV on one of my pregnancies. But didn't hurt like this one.

Quoting sweetnlovely06: The hand is worse, it hurts more n its very uncomfortable

Quoting MistyMoo: I don't think I've ever had it put in my hand. I'd bump it so much if they out one there..
sweetnlovely06
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I refuse to let them put it in my hand again, cause it hurt too much

Quoting Franny76: I had my hand IV on one of my pregnancies. But didn't hurt like this one.

Quoting sweetnlovely06: The hand is worse, it hurts more n its very uncomfortable

Ma2Liam
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I went through 8 IVs when I had dd 3 months ago. I had 3 different ones in my hand and also had 3 IVs going at once at one point. I looked like a drug user when they all got taken out. I was so bruised and had so many holes in me from the IVs they used and the spots they tried to use but didn't work.
After the first 2 the nurses didn't even try they just called IV therapy to come start them and even they had trouble.

Definitely no fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onehotmama410
by Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first, the nurse got it in the first try. With my second, it took 4 people with 2 pokes apiece, and none got it. My dr got it. If he couldn't get it, they were going to do a pic line. I was terrified!
kajira
by Emma on Aug. 18, 2016 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

ouch!!! omggoodness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)