Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spotting

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:36 AM
  • 9 Replies
At around 5am I woke up with sharp pains and the need the pee which I neglected for a few hours due to being exhausted. I felt sharp pains in my stomach so I went to the bathroom. Upon wiping, I saw blood. It went from a deep color (almost like I cut myself with my nail) to light pink to nothing as I wiped to see if it would stop.

So far so good. But I'm scared now. I'm now 12 weeks and 1 day. My OB appointment is today at 1pm, thank goodness! I'm hoping they'll do an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. Especially if this coninues. I hope it doesn't though.

Has anyone else experienced this?
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LattesAndWine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:17 AM
I've never experienced fresh blood but I've discovered Brown spotting (old blood) my entire pregnancy. My OB always reassures me that the only time you need to worry is if it's heavy and continuously painful. Monitor it but like you said, luckily you apt is today.
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:04 AM

I hope everything goes well at your appointment today!

-BluEydDvl-
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:33 AM
I have, but it didn't end well.

I hope everything is ok!
Ridingsolo
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:21 AM
I did with my first pregnancy. I have a sensitive cervix and the doctor said it was probably from a blood vessel popping or something to that affect. Had it around 12 weeks and again around 20 weeks. If it is light spotting just once and doesn't continue, you are probably fine. Hope the doctor gives you an ultrasound to put your mind at ease.
kajira
by Emma on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:23 AM

I've bleed a couple times during my pregnancies. usually it's brown blood, but i've had pink/red a couple of times during the early stages when I had a SCH.... it ended up working out okay for me, that the pregnancies stayed viable... but fresh blood isn't usually a good sign.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:06 PM

My third I had spotting from 4-11 weeks. Have no idea why. Every time I would have spotting I was put on bed rest for a few days. The last time it was a bit heavier then my midwife would like to see. So I was on bed rest for a week. Stopped after that.

Hope everything goes well at your appointment.

erricaindaclub
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:08 PM
I spotted on and off throughout my whole first pregnancy. Don't panic. Hopefully the ob can settle your nerves about it.
BMead1695
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:11 AM
The OB didn't see any signs of any more spotting or bleeding. But since I've never seen an OB before. I was checked vaginally and I've experienced some light blood but I think it's from the swabbing etc.

Quoting erricaindaclub: I spotted on and off throughout my whole first pregnancy. Don't panic. Hopefully the ob can settle your nerves about it.
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:13 AM
Yes, usually vaginal checks and vaginal ultrasounds tend to leave minimal residual spotting.

Glad it all went well... Did they get to do an u/s?
Quoting BMead1695: The OB didn't see any signs of any more spotting or bleeding. But since I've never seen an OB before. I was checked vaginally and I've experienced some light blood but I think it's from the swabbing etc.

Quoting erricaindaclub: I spotted on and off throughout my whole first pregnancy. Don't panic. Hopefully the ob can settle your nerves about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)