• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you or will you give birth at home?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM
  • 43 Replies

This and all other images in this story are by Kaylee Ralph Photography 

Would you ever consider giving birth in front of your children? This question might be weird to some, but it's something expectant mothers should consider. Felisha Boehme is a Canadian mom whose beautiful photos of her home birth surrounded by her family might make you think twice about your birth plan.

Kaylee Ralph, of Kaylee Ralph Photography, is the professional photographer who took these amazing shots of Felisha and her family.

Relive the Boehme family's experience as you feel the emotions that come from the power of Kaylee's birth photography. If you've been thinking about a home birth, you'll want to take a look.

Seriously, these photos are amazing!

More from CafeMom: 14 Incredible Birth Photos a Mom Took During Her Own Labor & Delivery

Have you or will you give birth at home?

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:03 PM

Yes, with my third.

Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Beautiful pictures, beautiful family.
I would never give birth at home, i would be too nervous to relax. My first ended up being born by csection.
newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really for me, I wouldn't forgive myself if there were complications and something happened to Baby that could have been prevented
kajira
by Emma on Sep. 7, 2016 at 3:00 PM

With my 2nd, and accidentally with my 4th. LOL

sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM
I've always wanted to but I'm too afraid. Now that I have a small complication with this pregnancy I really can't. I'll need to be watched closely for bleeding if I'm allowed a vaginal birth due to the location of my placenta. ):
Precious333
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I had 3 at home and 1 in the hospital. I wouldn't go back t the hospital unless it was a true emergancy.
LattesAndWine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:44 PM
Never. I don't understand anyone who would want to to be honest but to each their own - it's the beauty of having choice.
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:34 PM
I think that's beautiful :) but no, I prefer to give birth in a hospital. It's only 5 mins down the road and they allow water births :)
HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:38 PM
I would always consider home birth as my first choice. Hospital birth would only be something I would consider in case of emergency. Any day now I will be having my 3rd baby.
butterflycircle
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:46 PM

I wish, but my husband would die lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)