• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High blood pressure

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm 13 weeks and I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. My doctor ended up referring me to a high risk doctor for high blood pressure referral. Yesterday was the only day that I had high blood pressure in office. Normally it great I know pregnancy can change that. She also said that I had a marginal amount of protein in my urine..

In the past, I've developed pregnancy induced hypertension around 36 weeks. I'm not exactly sure what to expect but she said she doesn't want it to go untreated if I do have it. Has anyone dealt with this before? What should I expect
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
S.M.ile
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:24 PM

Have you tried measuring the blood pressure at home? My doctor is monitoring me for preeclamspisa and I have to measure my blood pressure at home 3-4 times per day.

If it happened only once, it might have been, if you were in a rush or worried about something, they should give you 5-10 min rest before taking the blood pressure.  

The protein in the urine is not a good thing, but they should send you to 24 hours urine test and look at it together with your blood palet, the enzymes from your kidneys and liver in order to evaluate the situation. 

I thnk that if your blood pressure stays high, you may be put on bed rest and they may put you on medicine for your blood pressure, but I hope that you don't have to do that!

I wish you best of luck!

Miss.Kristin
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:58 PM
I am but I weigh the same as I did with my younger two

Quoting NoRagrets: Are you overweight?
Miss.Kristin
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:08 PM
No. I don't have a blood pressure monitor at home but that sounds like a good idea.

I was most likely annoyed that I had been waiting for over an hour and there were people that got there after me going back and coming out of their appointments. Also. I was suppose to get the results of my panorama test back that day too.

My doctor told me she wasn't concerned of the protein since it was a small amount. I dis have to do the urine test with my middle daughter. Thank you

Quoting S.M.ile:

Have you tried measuring the blood pressure at home? My doctor is monitoring me for preeclamspisa and I have to measure my blood pressure at home 3-4 times per day.

If it happened only once, it might have been, if you were in a rush or worried about something, they should give you 5-10 min rest before taking the blood pressure.  

The protein in the urine is not a good thing, but they should send you to 24 hours urine test and look at it together with your blood palet, the enzymes from your kidneys and liver in order to evaluate the situation. 

I thnk that if your blood pressure stays high, you may be put on bed rest and they may put you on medicine for your blood pressure, but I hope that you don't have to do that!

I wish you best of luck!

NatyRod
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:08 PM
Never been through that... :(
But I do know that is likely to recur if it happened in the past..

Sorry it happened this early this time... Hopefully it stays in check so that you don't have to worry about it.
S.M.ile
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:50 PM
If you or your doctor are concerned about your blood pressure, may be you can get a monitor, I think it's like $30 or so and it's easy to use, you don't need prescription. I don't know about you, but for me stress makes a huge difference on my blood pressure. Once I had pretty bad reading, right after they told me that something was wrong with my baby (luckily everything turned out ok after that).

I hope that everything will turn out to be ok with you!

Quoting Miss.Kristin: No. I don't have a blood pressure monitor at home but that sounds like a good idea.

I was most likely annoyed that I had been waiting for over an hour and there were people that got there after me going back and coming out of their appointments. Also. I was suppose to get the results of my panorama test back that day too.

My doctor told me she wasn't concerned of the protein since it was a small amount. I dis have to do the urine test with my middle daughter. Thank you

Quoting S.M.ile:

I wish you best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)