Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CVS results *amnio results*

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:25 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
For those who have been wondering, I just wanted to post a quick update. CVS final results were also "inconclusive". I will have an amniocentesis next week, and then another 2 to 3 weeks for final results. I'm going to take a break from this, I just can't think about it right now. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

This morning, the doctor's office called, asked if we could come in, they had the results. I don't really remember the ride there, or anything until the second time the doctor said, he's healthy. It's been 2 months of this, of worrying about him being healthy. One invasive test later, and more worry. Then the amnio (which, by the way, hurt like hell) and finally, FINALLY, results. Our son is completely healthy, with no sign of any genetic complications. Anatomy scan is also completely normal. And he is for sure, a boy. It doesn't really seem real. My husband had to go in to work, I'm off, so I'm just sitting here. I can't really believe it's over, that he's healthy. I don't think it's really hit me yet that I'm done worrying about this. I've spent the last few weeks trying to avoid even thinking about him, not connecting, nor planning, and now I can.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:50 PM
So sorry moma! We've all had you in our thoughts and will continue to do so. Wishing you the best!
tina_a
by Christina on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:29 PM
I'm sorry! I will be thinking of you and praying that everything will be fine.
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:29 PM
I totally understand!

So sorry my friend. Hope it's all worth it at the end. ((HUGS))
newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:37 PM
Oh wow what a roller coaster ride, I'm sorry :( I hope you get good results with the final amnio
Biene_Maja
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:27 AM

I am very sorry. I hope all goes well. 

-BluEydDvl-
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 11:08 AM
Hugs! 🤗
km8474
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 11:26 AM
Hugs and prayers!!!
kajira
by Emma on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:31 PM

Wishing you the best of luck.

MBMBRN
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM
BUMP for update.
newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2016 at 10:49 AM
WOW. What a crazy ride. I know since day one you've been thinking about this. Amazing news congrats now you can relax. Go buy some baby clothes 😬
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)