Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Realistic Expectations

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:22 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm 25 weeks pregnant tomarrow and in the last 90 days I've called in sick 3 days. Today was the third and I feel AWEFUL!!!

The first two days in a row I was vomiting everything. I was weak and dehydrated, I didn't think it was safe to work my demanding on my feet all day job like that.

Today I called in cause I have what I think is the flu...I hurt all over, temp in the 90's, bad headache, vomiting, loose bowels, lower back and uterine aches/cramps, and loss of strength/energy. I've been sick for 3 days and plan on going back tomorrow. I work on my feet and sometimes as much as over 10 hours, we NEVER get a break or to sit. I've been doing 6 days in a row the past few weeks so I still have 5 days this week.

Is it reasonable to have 3 sick days or am I right to feel bad I called in today?

(The temp is with tylonal)
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kajira
by Emma on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM

call your ob get a drs note

rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:41 AM
It's Saterday, I'd have to go to the ER to be seen.

Quoting kajira:

call your ob get a drs note

KiaJR
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:43 AM
If you're sick you're sick. I've been out of work for almost 2 weeks now, with another at least two weeks, probably more, before I'll be cleared to go back. It happens, and you can't do your job if you're sick or hurt.
rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:47 AM
That's true, and I'm not in trouble. I guess I just expect more from my body. I'm dissapointed that I missed out on hours, and that I'm not magically all better.

Quoting KiaJR: If you're sick you're sick. I've been out of work for almost 2 weeks now, with another at least two weeks, probably more, before I'll be cleared to go back. It happens, and you can't do your job if you're sick or hurt.
KiaJR
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:49 AM
Trust me, I feel the same way. I was in a car accident and now I'm stuck in the hospital because I got sick from some of those injuries. I feel like I'm too weak, failing. But at the end of the day, I'm just human, and so are you.

Quoting rosenbush: That's true, and I'm not in trouble. I guess I just expect more from my body. I'm dissapointed that I missed out on hours, and that I'm not magically all better.

Quoting KiaJR: If you're sick you're sick. I've been out of work for almost 2 weeks now, with another at least two weeks, probably more, before I'll be cleared to go back. It happens, and you can't do your job if you're sick or hurt.
rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:53 AM
I hope you feel better soon! It sucks wanting to do something but physically unable to. My pre-baby body is easy to compare to my prego body, I miss my higher capabilities.

Quoting KiaJR: Trust me, I feel the same way. I was in a car accident and now I'm stuck in the hospital because I got sick from some of those injuries. I feel like I'm too weak, failing. But at the end of the day, I'm just human, and so are you.

Quoting rosenbush: That's true, and I'm not in trouble. I guess I just expect more from my body. I'm dissapointed that I missed out on hours, and that I'm not magically all better.

KiaJR
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I just miss moving without pain, and I hate how foggy the pain meds make me, but they do help. I'm just ready to be done with it all and back to normal. I miss being home, I work running, I miss working :(

Quoting rosenbush: I hope you feel better soon! It sucks wanting to do something but physically unable to. My pre-baby body is easy to compare to my prego body, I miss my higher capabilities.

Quoting KiaJR: Trust me, I feel the same way. I was in a car accident and now I'm stuck in the hospital because I got sick from some of those injuries. I feel like I'm too weak, failing. But at the end of the day, I'm just human, and so are you.

sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry you're sick! Your health is what's most important. You can't do well at your job as sick as you are anyway. Rest and get well. I hope you feel better soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)