Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PPD I hate you..

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've gotten it with my other two and I feel it coming on with this baby too.. She's 12 days and I keep crying at the drop of a hat. I'm not normally a cryer, so this totally sucks for me. I'm pretty sure this bout is Bc of all of the stress with my family prior to giving birth so I think it's going to be tougher to fight naturally. Although I know what to do to fight PPD naturally, it's such a struggle because.. Well.. It's depression... Ugh. I don't want to go through this again.
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you feel like that. I had it with my oldest daughter, she was such a terror and my life was in a really bad spot. I just wanted to leave her somewhere and drive but didn't even have that option. I only weighed 100lbs, which is about 20 less than my skinny weight and was scared to ask for help. Eventually I got better. With my son I was on cloud 9, he was a great baby, my life was pretty great, my husband was excited to have a son. This time I've been happy but a little down. I don't know what it is but she's a good baby, I just feel blah and upset with where we are now. I've lost a lot of family since having my son and I have a hard time enjoying my narcissistic sister and miserable dad. I hope you feel better soon, talk about it and it definitely helps sort out the feelings. 

BoogerMomma
by Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Ppd stinks! I had it horribly with my second. She had colic and was a very hard baby.. She cried all.the.time. I also had a 16.5 month old. I didn't want to ask for help and no one could help me with feedings bc she wouldn't take a bottle for me to pump until 4 months... I took 3 months of therapy to help me and
It worked wonders!
Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I had ppd but only the last two deliveries when I was extremely stressed about having to return to work! Thank god I had short term disability and my ppd qualified me to stay out paid for a full 6 months after. But I have since stopped working and this pregnancy I'm excited to not have that burden of job performance or returning to work afterwards. I only ebf I don't use bottles so most of my issues revolved around stressing over how my baby would eat if I had to go back to work and leave them.
-BluEydDvl-
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs! 🤗
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I definitely had some with DS also, and struggling to breastfeed didn't help. :/

I'm praying to God that this time is different.

(HUGS) mama... My motto was and is "one day at a time" and "no struggle is forever, and this too shall pass"....
KiaJR
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

That sucks, Im sorry :(

Azure
by Group Admin on Oct. 24, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Is there anything we can do to help you?

robibuni
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2016 at 3:06 PM

I'm genuinely fearful of PPD with this baby.

I'm already slightly down about having to go back to work so soon :( I can't imagine how I'll feel when the time comes for me to leave him *sigh* Not to mention I'm already stressing on pumping for him...I've never had to pump. I FF my oldest, then my two younger girls were both EBF as I was a SAHM...this will be the first baby I've ever BF and had to pump out of necessity. I'm not expecting good results. Ugh.

MamaNeeNee
by on Oct. 25, 2016 at 3:26 PM
Try not to stress about pumping.. It will work out :) I pumped with my first two, it wasn't too bad. With my first he ended up stopping nursing at 5 months because he was bottle fed so much. I lost a lot of my supply Bc of birth control too. My second never would bottle feed and would wait until I got off of work to eat- granted she was 5 months when I went back to work, so she could eat baby food. She learned to drink from a cup super early too but still wouldn't take milk from a cup.
This is my first time being a SAHM and I'm glad that I don't have to worry about pumping but stress is definitely affecting me this time around.

Quoting robibuni:

I'm genuinely fearful of PPD with this baby.

I'm already slightly down about having to go back to work so soon :( I can't imagine how I'll feel when the time comes for me to leave him *sigh* Not to mention I'm already stressing on pumping for him...I've never had to pump. I FF my oldest, then my two younger girls were both EBF as I was a SAHM...this will be the first baby I've ever BF and had to pump out of necessity. I'm not expecting good results. Ugh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)