Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

31 weeks and 1cm dilated

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM
  • 12 Replies
So I went to my dr today for my normal appt and the dr checked me because I had been having contractions over the weekend and she said I was 1cm dilated so she hooked me up to see if I was having any contractions since over the weekend I had lots of pretty painful contractions that eventually went away. She said baby looked good and no contractions, she also did a swob to run a test to help determine if I'm at risk to go into labor in the next 2 weeks. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this or started dilating this early..
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:58 PM
I've never been checked before 37 wks so I wouldn't know .

But I do know some women walk around dilatated for weeks before they actually have the baby, I hope that's your case and that the baby gets to to cook a bit longer in there.

Here's a bump for someone who can help. (Hugs)
KiaJR
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:16 PM
Dilating early means nothing. I've had patients go weeks at 2 or 3 cm and deliver term babies.
crystalplus1
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:19 PM

I was at a 1 at 30 weeks.

I dont know if it changed at all because i never let her check me again, I had horrible contractions that afternoon but i had ds at 39 weeks.

Alexsi1
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:27 PM

I was at a 1 at 32 weeks and stayed there until I was induced.

Kayla00
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:54 PM
Thanks ladies!
Kayla00
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:56 PM
I hadn't either but because I had so many contractions over the weekend my dr wanted to check
Quoting NatyRod: I've never been checked before 37 wks so I wouldn't know .

But I do know some women walk around dilatated for weeks before they actually have the baby, I hope that's not your case and that the baby gets to to cook a bit longer in there.

Here's a bump for someone who can help. (Hugs)
lovemylife_15
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:07 PM
I've never been checked that early so I have no insight so here's a bump.
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never dilated up until I went into labor and then bam! all of a sudden I'm dilating. Dilation isn't the greatest reference to when you'll be going into labor but it's always exciting when it starts making changes in the right direction. Hope your little one stays in there a while longer. You're almost there!
Kayla00
by Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 9:33 AM

BUMP!

Azure
by Group Admin on Oct. 28, 2016 at 10:31 AM

As others have said, cervical dilation isn't always a good indication of when you'll go into labor, and that test they're doing, the fetal fibronectin test-has a fairly high chance of false positives, so try not to let it scare you too much if it comes back positive. I had a positive with my fourth or fifth baby and didn't have them until the day before she was due and 40 weeks, 4 days. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)