Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE *Sorry so late

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:46 PM
  • 9 Replies
We do NOT have a baby lol

So I started having contractions yesterday morning at 8:30am. I figured my early labor would be really long so we didn't arrive at the hospital until 9:30pm. Contractions were 3 mins apart lasting 45 seconds. I was only dilated to 1cm and still thick 🙄 Thea was looking great though, that was the only positive. Around 11:30pm, I decided I was ready to labor in the tub and that really got things going. Contractions were more intense and lasting 60-80 seconds long now. This had to be it right? Nope. After about 2 hours of feeling the same way in the tub, we decided to get out to get checked. I was now a 2 and thinned a little. It was ridiculous. Suddenly my contractions were now 4-5 mins apart after being 3 mins apart since 8:30 yesterday morning. Then they started dying down and were barely bothersome. I seriously did not get what was going on. My midwife said that since I lived literally 4 mins down the road to just go home and get some rest. She thought that I would need it because she had a feeling that the contractions were just going to explode out of nowhere. I was discharged around 2:30 this morning. She said her shift was over at 7am so to call her before then and let her know how I was doing because she said she would stay for me... she's so sweet. Got home, went to bed. Set my alarm for 6ish so that way I could call her. Things were the same. Still contracting but they didn't change in intensity. I told her not to wait for me and get some rest. She said if things pick back up just to call her but there's no guarantee she'll be able to come back until this weekend. I was so frustrated this morning, I even teared up a little. This has NEVER happened to me. With my 3 boys, once I started dilating, they were out, contractions never stopped or slowed down, none of this crap. I come back to cafemom and a whole plethora of babies have been born or some are in labor in my due date group. Looks like I'll be staying pregnant for a little longer 😞
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
robibuni
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Awwww!!! :( I'm really sorry she's not here yet!

She'll be here before you know it, but I know that doesn't necessarily help the situation any!

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:39 PM

I had this happen in 2/4 of my pregnancies. Once we thought things were going and we moved to get things going, then they died off after a few hours.

I think it's the stress of the stiuation changing. Once I got in the zone and just didn't plan on doing anything, or calling anyone... that's when it didn't stop.

NatyRod
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:45 PM
Aahhh man! What a bad one. :(

At that point you are so ready to have her that backtracking must be sooooo frustrating.
On the positive side she is doing great and will be here before you know it.

((HUGS))
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:03 PM
Darn it!!
I thought I was going to have my baby on my birthday but everything just suddenly stopped. I had her 12 days later.
.bombshell.
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:40 PM
Aww boo :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Won't be long now though. :)
CROBERSON
by Courtney on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:25 PM
Aww momma.
Not too much longer. Thea wants to stay in for a littlw while longer!
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Oh booooo!!  sorry, not to much longer I'm sure.

Azure
by Group Admin on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:15 PM

I'm sorry, that must be really disappointing! Mischievous baby! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)