Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to get ready for baby?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:46 PM
  • 27 Replies
I'm 26 weeks and have...
-bassinet
-2 fuzzy sleeper one peices
-1 onsie

That is it, nothing left from my older ones. I thought I'd shop after Christmas at about 36 weeks. I have the money I genuinely just don't want to, but if I'm too tired now will I really be up to it in 10 more weeks?

Part of me thinks I should go do it now and not procrastinate...when are you starting/finishing?
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:50 PM
My husband has to get our daughter'started dresser up and out in ds'so room. She already has one dresser full of baby clothes. I just need more socks, and need to get bottle and bibs. I just bought on binkie and just going to wait to see if she will take it. But I basically got everything done, on my list.
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:17 PM
Is hard to say how you'll be feeling then, my advice is to just do it in when you get a burst of energy which sometimes happens sporadically....

I would wait to buy anything if you'll be having a baby shower that way you know exactly what you'll need. Otherwise do it little by little so that you are good to go mid 3rd trimester.

Il be 35 wks Friday and I have everything I need... My OCD wouldn't let me do it otherwise. Lol
All I gotta do is wash the clothes and do the hospital bag.
Waiting for DH to build her dresser, but if he takes to long I'll be doing it myself. Haha!
rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:18 PM
How far are you?

Quoting oliveoil423: My husband has to get our daughter'started dresser up and out in ds'so room. She already has one dresser full of baby clothes. I just need more socks, and need to get bottle and bibs. I just bought on binkie and just going to wait to see if she will take it. But I basically got everything done, on my list.
Azure
by Group Admin on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not religious or anything, but DH and I never buy a lot for our babies until they're actually here. It's us being cautious more than anything. If you're wanting to have everything before the baby gets here I think 36 weeks might be a little late-but I had my first baby at 37 weeks.

novachick
by Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I just started last week getting things together. I'm 38 weeks lol.
oliveoil423
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:42 PM
28 weeks. Offically in my third trimester. We have the baby swing up since we found out we were having a girl, bought extra clothes, blankets, baby carrier thing, I already had the carseat, got a cozy cover, got the coming home outfit,

When I hit 36 37 weeks I'll be starting to get pmy hospital bag packed, and get the kids suit cases packed and put by the door.

Quoting rosenbush: How far are you?

Quoting oliveoil423: My husband has to get our daughter'started dresser up and out in ds'so room. She already has one dresser full of baby clothes. I just need more socks, and need to get bottle and bibs. I just bought on binkie and just going to wait to see if she will take it. But I basically got everything done, on my list.
robibuni
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Well...I'm 28 weeks and my MIL bought us a few onesies and a sleeper, a jumperoo, and a two packs of diapers. That's literally all I have and will have until next month sometime.

I have two baby showers coming up on the 14th and 15th of December (I'm having this baby the first week of January so they're really procrastinating, lol), and I'll see what I get then :/

Cherriemama831
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 4:52 PM

ive collected a little here and there, i will be 34 weeks on Thursday. I just had a small baby shower this last weekend. I have the basics crib, changing table,car seat stroller  few cloths blankets wipes and a pack of diapers. I go on maternity leave here in the next couple of weeks so i will be able to get everything washed set up and put into place. Need to get my bag ready too 

rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 5:07 PM
I've bought books that I read to him...
I just don't feel like baby shopping, maby I will later on.

Quoting Cherriemama831:

ive collected a little here and there, i will be 34 weeks on Thursday. I just had a small baby shower this last weekend. I have the basics crib, changing table,car seat stroller  few cloths blankets wipes and a pack of diapers. I go on maternity leave here in the next couple of weeks so i will be able to get everything washed set up and put into place. Need to get my bag ready too 

rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 5:09 PM
I can see waiting with two showers coming up. I'm not having a baby shower and I've set aside money to shop....I just don't want to.

Quoting robibuni:

Well...I'm 28 weeks and my MIL bought us a few onesies and a sleeper, a jumperoo, and a two packs of diapers. That's literally all I have and will have until next month sometime.

I have two baby showers coming up on the 14th and 15th of December (I'm having this baby the first week of January so they're really procrastinating, lol), and I'll see what I get then :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)