Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confused on EDD

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:51 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok, I know this question gets asked a lot but I'm hoping maybe I can make sense of this with more explanation..

- My LMP has my EDD for 6/30 (LMP 9/23) so I'm 5w4d
- Thursday my blood work hcg levels were ~700 (retested yesterday, haven't heard results) meaning ~4wks
- Yesterday the ultrasound said ~4 wks

My confusion is, the tech made it sound like I was not as far along per U/S as I should be. But if u/s is always going to be behind LMP aren't I almost dead-on timing wise? If anything I almost thought I was measuring further along than I would have expected.

Does anyone know a better/simpler way of explaining this?
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2016 at 11:42 AM

HCG has a huge range.  My hcg level was well over 2,500 by 4 weeks along.  You absolutely can't go by hcg as a calculation of EDD. I would go by the ultrasound if anything and just say you're around 4 1/2 weeks.

Precious333
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2016 at 12:00 PM
I would presonally go with the first ultrasound, unless your cycles are like clockwork. The first ultrasound can be off, but usually by only a few days. Not all cycles are 28 days. Whatever you go by, remember they are just estimates anyways. Even if one of them is completely accurate, it doesn't mean baby will come that way anyways.
Azure
by Group Admin on Nov. 5, 2016 at 7:36 PM

I try not to worry too much about due dates. Doctors like to change them, sometimes even farther in pregnancy.

kajira
by Emma on Nov. 5, 2016 at 8:21 PM

Go by ultrasound, It's most accurate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)