Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mucus plug??

Posted by on May. 14, 2007 at 11:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

What is a mucus plug? I am not stupid but i was in a room the other day and someone mentioned their daughter in law lost her mucus plug. I have a daughter and i am 39 weeks and i have been using the bathroom and noticing alot of mucus coming out but not all the time. Someone said that once you loss your plug you r water breaks? Can anyone help me?

by on May. 14, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
im_that_gurl511
by on May. 14, 2007 at 11:50 PM
thats not neccisarily true, I lost my mucous plug with all mine in stages and sometimes it was weeks before I had the baby. Oh and my water only broke once before I was already at the hospital in labor. It really just depends. I will say that you probably dont have long after losing it, but you already dont have long at 39 weeks anyways so its no secret lol. 
collinsdoxies
by on May. 15, 2007 at 5:04 AM
I'm 38 weeks on wednesday, and last wednesday i lost mine while in walmart, dont be suprised if you see some blood also. I ended up going to the hospital just in case. I found out i was 70% effaced, and dialated to a 2, that was a week ago, and wednesday i go back in. I have a feeling since my blood pressure is high he will go ahead and induce me...but yeah, a whitish mucus looking discharge that your seeing alot more than usual may be your plug. it sorta keeps the infections and bacteria out. Its also a sign of labor soon to come. But it could still be a couple of weeks, im on week one since ive lost it...so we'll see!
mom2lexliz
by on May. 15, 2007 at 7:00 AM
I never lost my mucas plug with either of my children.  The doc said sometimes you do and sometimes you don't.  I thought that once you lost it, you were supposed to go into labor 1-2 weeks after that.  But I don't know for sure....
georgiamama07
by on May. 15, 2007 at 9:02 AM
With my first i lost my mucus plug 3 days befor i went into labor. it came out all at once, and it looked like snot. a big green blob. it is usually the first sign that labor is close!!! btw the water only breaks like 30% of the time! mine didn't! my advise, have sex, go walking{ brings the baby low!!}, and watch some funny movies! that is what worked for me! i walked all week, had sex and watched a funny movie and went into labor 2 hours later! good luck and hang in there!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)