• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does your ideal...

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM
  • 20 Replies
big day go?

Are you planning a natural hospital birth, a drug hospital birth, c-section, un-assisted homebirth, midwife assisted homebirth, or a birth center birth?

I'm 27 weeks and was going with the flow, I wasn't a huge fan but was going to have a natural hospital birth at a place that isn't baby friendly. Lol

I toured a birth center yesterday that was nice, I'm thinking there could be good but I'll take the weekend to decide. Ultimately all I want is to be left alone to have my baby...no drama, or annoyances, I just want to focus and enjoy the experience without interruptions.
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I went with the flow with my last one. She was a vbac. I ended up staying in a hotel 3 miles from my hospital and my husband delivered her, while my older children slept. LOL

novachick
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 39 weeks and planning on a midwife assisted homebirth.
Precious333
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:13 AM
It was important to me to have a caregiver that had the same or similar views on birth as I did, so I chose a midwife for my last birth. I didn't want to feel like I had to fight certain issues and that I need to have a details birth plan so they would know my preferences. It was truly freeing knowing I could trust my midwife.
rachellaree20
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM

My OB will help deliver baby in the same hospital I had my first two.  Ideally I will have an unmedicated vaginal delivery but if the time comes and I decide on medication I'm okay with that as well.  As long as baby and I are both healthy at the end of everything.

rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:12 PM
I want natural but in pain I know I'll go for a more comfortable option. I like the birth center for that reason. No option of drugs yet it's close to the hospital of my choice IF something goes wrong. I thought about a homebirth but if something goes wrong my of choice hospital won't be an option. (The birth center is 45min from my home)

Quoting rachellaree20:

My OB will help deliver baby in the same hospital I had my first two.  Ideally I will have an unmedicated vaginal delivery but if the time comes and I decide on medication I'm okay with that as well.  As long as baby and I are both healthy at the end of everything.

rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:14 PM
That's a nice thing about the birth center, they share my views on birth.

Quoting Precious333: It was important to me to have a caregiver that had the same or similar views on birth as I did, so I chose a midwife for my last birth. I didn't want to feel like I had to fight certain issues and that I need to have a details birth plan so they would know my preferences. It was truly freeing knowing I could trust my midwife.
butterflycircle
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:20 PM

I hope to go into labor on my own, labor at home for a while, go to the hospital, have the baby naturally without an epidural.

Unfortunately it's looking like that won't be the way it goes. I'm 37 weeks 4 days with a breech baby. They are fine with waiting to see if the baby will still turn. if he does not turn they are ok with trying to turn him but i'd have to have an epidural. If that does not work or I go into labor before he turns, c section. I'm terrified of a c section.

rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM
I'm afraid of all surgery including a c-section. I hear birth center statistics are under 5% so maby that will play in my favor. Personally I'm not against my baby being delivered breach but I don't know of a hospital that will.

Quoting butterflycircle:

I hope to go into labor on my own, labor at home for a while, go to the hospital, have the baby naturally without an epidural.

Unfortunately it's looking like that won't be the way it goes. I'm 37 weeks 4 days with a breech baby. They are fine with waiting to see if the baby will still turn. if he does not turn they are ok with trying to turn him but i'd have to have an epidural. If that does not work or I go into labor before he turns, c section. I'm terrified of a c section.

butterflycircle
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:39 PM

I know that with this being my 4th baby my uterus is stretched, he has lots of fluid, they think there is a chance he will turn. He still has room. I'm afraid that he will still be breech Wednesday at 38 weeks 2days when they will do an ultrasound. I will be forced to make a decision as far as letting them try to turn him before he gets to big. If i leave baby alone, maybe he will turn. If I let them turn him I will be induced right then if it works but the sooner they do it the better chances of it working. If turning him does not work, c section...  yuck...

I feel like it's a lot of pressure. I told this baby he had better get on board soon because i'm not having a c section.

I secretly feel like if I have a c section I might resent the baby. I  feel horrible saying it. I just feel like when I am over tired, emotional, dealing with a new born, starting breast feeding, and recovering from surgery (which I know I can have vaginal births and it's all because the baby won't turn) I might resent the baby. I could be over thinking it but.... I soooooo don't want a c section. I know I will love my baby, it's just a fear.

Quoting rosenbush: I'm afraid of all surgery including a c-section. I hear birth center statistics are under 5% so maby that will play in my favor. Personally I'm not against my baby being delivered breach but I don't know of a hospital that will.
Quoting butterflycircle:

rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM
I think that might be part of why I'm just now taking birth seriously. I'm 27 weeks and just now switching my doctor for a birth center birth. This pregnancy has been nothing like my others, I think I would worry about resentment too if I had a c-section. More if I had spent these 9 months dreaming of my perfect birth.

Try to keep an open mind though I 100% get the NO to c-sections!

Quoting butterflycircle:

I know that with this being my 4th baby my uterus is stretched, he has lots of fluid, they think there is a chance he will turn. He still has room. I'm afraid that he will still be breech Wednesday at 38 weeks 2days when they will do an ultrasound. I will be forced to make a decision as far as letting them try to turn him before he gets to big. If i leave baby alone, maybe he will turn. If I let them turn him I will be induced right then if it works but the sooner they do it the better chances of it working. If turning him does not work, c section...  yuck...

I feel like it's a lot of pressure. I told this baby he had better get on board soon because i'm not having a c section.

I secretly feel like if I have a c section I might resent the baby. I  feel horrible saying it. I just feel like when I am over tired, emotional, dealing with a new born, starting breast feeding, and recovering from surgery (which I know I can have vaginal births and it's all because the baby won't turn) I might resent the baby. I could be over thinking it but.... I soooooo don't want a c section. I know I will love my baby, it's just a fear.

Quoting rosenbush: I'm afraid of all surgery including a c-section. I hear birth center statistics are under 5% so maby that will play in my favor. Personally I'm not against my baby being delivered breach but I don't know of a hospital that will.

Quoting butterflycircle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)