• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

33 weeks and cramping

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm 33 week and this morning I have been having cramping in my lower stomach. Anyone else have this, could it maybe be a sign of preterm labor? Both my other children were term babies so no real reason why this one should be any different but I know every pregnancy is different. And a few weeks ago the dr did say I was 1cm dilated that she thought was due to contractions I had been having :-/ any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks ladies
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:39 PM
The good news is you can easily be 1 or 2 cm till 40+ weeks.

If you get time able contraction lasting close to 1 min (4 or more an hour) get checked. That's what my doctor says anyways, what does yours say?

Also cramping is normally a sign to drink more and or slow down.
Kayla00
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:48 PM
My dr has told me if I get more than 4 contractions in an hour to call. But this doesn't feel like the contractions I normally get, this is more like cramping and some pressure. I have been drinking water all morning and haven't done anything really pretty much have had my feet up and just taking it easy.
Quoting rosenbush: The good news is you can easily be 1 or 2 cm till 40+ weeks.

If you get time able contraction lasting close to 1 min (4 or more an hour) get checked. That's what my doctor says anyways, what does yours say?

rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:56 PM
I felt that way with back cramps and Braxton hicks earlier this week. It went away on its own after a day or two. I do still throw up a lot though so I assume I never have enough fluid in me.

Also there is stress, growing, all that fun stuff. The end tends to not feel good. I feel shitty just walking around the store, I chalk it up to live human in a human. Lol

If your worried I'm sure your doctor will happily check you to ease your mind. Maby ask them to check for a UTI as well as cervical changes. Gl

Quoting Kayla00: My dr has told me if I get more than 4 contractions in an hour to call. But this doesn't feel like the contractions I normally get, this is more like cramping and some pressure. I have been drinking water all morning and haven't done anything really pretty much have had my feet up and just taking it easy.
Quoting rosenbush: The good news is you can easily be 1 or 2 cm till 40+ weeks.

Azure
by Group Admin on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:34 PM

how are you doing?

NatyRod
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:08 PM
I would just call an run it by your OB.
How are you feeling now?
.bombshell.
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:56 PM
No experience with this But I hope you're feeling better.
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
RGPax
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM

You can be dilated a bit early and still make it to term. Contractions/cramping are normal in the later weeks. If they increase in intensity or frequency, then go in.

rosenbush
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:06 PM
Hey, how are you feeling?

I hope you and baby are both well and resting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)