Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

A few questions!

Posted by on May. 15, 2007 at 5:12 AM
  • 1 Replies
Im 38 weeks wednesday, i lost my mucus plug last wednesday and i went up to the hospital because i was bleeding some, they told me i would be fine but i was contracting every 5 minutes, just not strong enough to stay. I went in that morning for a dr. appointment, and he said i was 20% effaced and dialated to a two, and when i went in that night, they told me i was 70% effaced and dialated to a two. I have been extrememly uncomfortable all week! He told me a couple of weeks ago if i had health problems and was dialated he would induce me at 38 weeks. I have had high blood pressure for the past 4 weeks, and he put me on bedrest this week....any ideas or words of advice to get me through this quicker, Im praying he sends me over to the hospital at my next appointment!!! Anything would help! Amber
by on May. 15, 2007 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Abbimom2004
by on May. 15, 2007 at 12:05 PM
Congrats on toughing it out this long! I know it feels like forever, but it is all going to be over for you soon. As for making the bedrest pass more quickly, remember to change positions frequently! That actual helps alot, and think of it as a vacation prior to the maelstorm about to hit, lol. I promise, once this baby is born, your going to WISH you could get in the bed for a while and just veg. out. As for other ideas, catch up on your reading of adult books, that wont get to happen much after baby(too much Dr. Seuss), and try the couch. Just because they say "bed"rest doesnt mean it has to be in bed, just that you need to lie down and take it easy. Watch Movies(non baby einstein), surf the web if you have a laptop, make lists of things you want taken care of around the house before you bring home the baby then get on the phone and set up to make it happen, invite friends over and just relax with then since those first couple of motnhs they may feel neglected. hope it helps some, and on the bright side, after spending the first day of trying the above things and finding yourself bored to death, at least you didnt get put on bed rest the last few MONTHS, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)