Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cant breathe

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:23 AM
  • 3 Replies
Feels like my lungs have no room, is this normal. In about to be 30 weeks. I get dizzy because I can't get enough air.
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:38 AM
It can be, but if you are worried, go to the ER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree

Quoting -Phoebe-: It can be, but if you are worried, go to the ER.

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:31 AM

Yes, that's normal.  You're uterus (and baby and all) is taking up space that your lungs used to have to expand.  Stretching can help (it helps loosen things up to allow more air in), walking everyday can help (it increases cardiovascular health and improves how efficiently your body uses the air you breath), deep breathing helps [sit on the floor, cross your legs criss-cross apple sauce, sit up straight, breath so that your rib cage isn't expanding but your abs are {you can put something around your rib cage to help you remeber not to allow it to expand or to help you know whether you do}, and then exhale very deeply drawing in your abs and breathing out as much air as you can squeeze out of your lungs, [do all this breathing through your nose, not your mouth]).

Doing this kind of deep breathing for a few minutes every day helps clear the old air out of your lungs and gets fresh air in there.  You only inhale and exhale a fairly small percentage of the air that's in your lungs (IDR what the number is and I don't want to misquote it to you); this exercise allows your body to absorb more oxygen from this new air and that will help improve brain function, energize you, and help you not to feel so dizzy. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)