Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friday the 13th

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:42 AM
  • 17 Replies

Anyone nervous about today?

It's only 3 degrees here and the roads are icy which is the only reason I'm nervous to go to work.  I'm also happy it's Friday!  I have a lot of errands to run this weekend and cleaning, cooking.  It's been a long week.

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 7:43 AM
No. It's just another day. I have a prenatal appointment today, and I am a bit nervous my pressure will be up again, which it probably will be BECAUSE I'm nervous, but my pressures at home have all been perfect, so hopefully I won't have to take anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:05 AM

Friday the 13th is only a problem in Oct and if you're one of the Knights Templar. wink

HunnyBabie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:07 AM

Make sure you're hydrated, and breath easy while you're waiting.  You can kind of use psychology on yourself by reminding yourself that if you're hydrated, then your pressure will be fine just like it is at home.

But, yeah, if you're nervous about your pressure being high, then it'll be elevated a little bit.

Being perfect at home shows that there's nothing to worry about though! =)

Quoting -Phoebe-: No. It's just another day. I have a prenatal appointment today, and I am a bit nervous my pressure will be up again, which it probably will be BECAUSE I'm nervous, but my pressures at home have all been perfect, so hopefully I won't have to take anything.

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope your appointment goes well!

Quoting -Phoebe-: No. It's just another day. I have a prenatal appointment today, and I am a bit nervous my pressure will be up again, which it probably will be BECAUSE I'm nervous, but my pressures at home have all been perfect, so hopefully I won't have to take anything.

Jessicaluvn
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM

ummm no... But my sister's mother in-law passed away early early this morning and its my sisters Birthday. I'm guessing my sister does not think today is just any other day.  :( 

Azure
by Group Admin on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm not overly worried, but I did tell DH to watch for idiots a little more vigilantly today. When people expect bad things to happen they sometimes accidentally cause them.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:30 PM

No

Sophie1106
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:52 PM
No it's just another day.
sapphirelibra
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:21 PM
I'm always a little extra cautious.
-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

My bp ended up being fine, but my weight was down :/

Quoting HunnyBabie:

Make sure you're hydrated, and breath easy while you're waiting.  You can kind of use psychology on yourself by reminding yourself that if you're hydrated, then your pressure will be fine just like it is at home.

But, yeah, if you're nervous about your pressure being high, then it'll be elevated a little bit.

Being perfect at home shows that there's nothing to worry about though! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)