Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are these signs that labor is close ?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:51 PM
  • 6 Replies
Im 35 weeks and 5 days pregnant , for about a month now I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions but as of late , I've also been having diarrhea, ( Sorry if that is TMI) I know I haven't eaten anything bad so im assuming it's just all apart of the third trimester.

I went to the doctor today and my doctor checked my cervix at 10:30 A.M. and said I was 1 almost 2 centimeters dialted, ever since she checked me I've been having cramps and every once in a while I'll get a sharp pain in my stomach but then it subsides to just cramping. I've also noticed I get a full throbbing pain in my back that comes and goes.

Any of you ladies go into labor soon based off these things ?
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ChickenNwaffles
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM
I was dilated to a 4 for a month with two of my pregnancies. Diarrhea was normal for the 3rd trimester. Slight cramping and spotting is completely normal after getting checked or even after sex.
SSMama0209
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM

This

Quoting ChickenNwaffles: I was dilated to a 4 for a month with two of my pregnancies. Diarrhea was normal for the 3rd trimester. Slight cramping and spotting is completely normal after getting checked or even after sex.

mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 10:45 PM
Not necessarily signs of labor. Cramping and even some sharper pains are normal after being checked. I actually had mild diarrhea through most of my pregnancy. I started getting Braxton Hicks around 35 weeks too, but I didn't go into labor until 40+2.
babyboxfish
by on Jan. 14, 2017 at 11:35 PM

agreed

Quoting ChickenNwaffles: I was dilated to a 4 for a month with two of my pregnancies. Diarrhea was normal for the 3rd trimester. Slight cramping and spotting is completely normal after getting checked or even after sex.

modmommabear
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 9:44 AM
I had diarrhea for weeks on and off for no good reason. I'm 37 weeks now and it's stopped. As for dilation that doesn't mean anything and getting checked can make you more crampy. I wont get checked, there is no medical reason to later in a pregnancy.
HJ0988
by Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Probably not. After getting checked you will feel crampy for a while especially if the Dr. wasnt gentle. I'm usually dilated to a 3-4 from 36 weeks on but babies dont come till around 38 1/2 weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)