Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My doctor isn't happy with me :(

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:02 PM
  • 28 Replies

My blood pressure was perfect today! I did scare the nurse a bit though, she was a different one than the last two times I was here, and my pulse was in the low 50's when she was doing my vitals and that concerned her a bit. She checked it manually, twice, to make sure it was accurate and then wanted me to go to the ER :/ BP was 102/59 at the beginning and 104/58 when we left! So no meds for me, yay! Baby boy looked perfect, she just did a quick ultrasound, his heart rate was in the 160's again. 

What she wasn't so happy with was my weight. I dropped 4 pounds in the week since I've seen her, and last time she told me to gain around 35. Oops. She did give me the green light to continue running and yoga, but no more inversion poses. I go back to see her in two weeks. 

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Stop running! Your shaking that baby up! Just kidding. I wish I had your energy. Are you keeping food down or no?
-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:12 PM

Quoting newmelly2009: Stop running! Your shaking that baby up! Just kidding. I wish I had your energy. Are you keeping food down or no?

LOL! 

Yeah, I'm doing fine keeping food down. I've had no real pregnancy symptoms, no nausea at all, just the occasional day where I just can't get full, but looking back over the week, I have been running a bit more than normal, but it's also a great form of stress relief for me, and the last two weeks have been good, but yeah, a bit stressful. So that's probably what caused the weight loss, because I also haven't intentionally increased my daily amount of food more.

newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:30 PM
Lol after a run eat more, might help counteract the calories you just burnt off

Quoting -Phoebe-:

Quoting newmelly2009: Stop running! Your shaking that baby up! Just kidding. I wish I had your energy. Are you keeping food down or no?

LOL! 

Yeah, I'm doing fine keeping food down. I've had no real pregnancy symptoms, no nausea at all, just the occasional day where I just can't get full, but looking back over the week, I have been running a bit more than normal, but it's also a great form of stress relief for me, and the last two weeks have been good, but yeah, a bit stressful. So that's probably what caused the weight loss, because I also haven't intentionally increased my daily amount of food more.

-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this
The last thing I want to do after I finish running is eat. I drink a ton of water after, but at most, I'll have an apple. If I try to eat too much, I end up throwing up.

Quoting newmelly2009: Lol after a run eat more, might help counteract the calories you just burnt off

Quoting -Phoebe-:

LOL! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firstcamelove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:34 AM
Wish I had your luck. All my doctors ever said was to stop gaining! I hate the fact they give you a freakin lecture over gaining weight but if they would just take into consideration how freakin swollen i was!! Its all water weight. Dumb.

But for you I would make sure you're eating the good fatty foods, that way you're atleast giving baby good nutrients even though you've lost weight.
-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:56 AM

Quoting Firstcamelove: Wish I had your luck. All my doctors ever said was to stop gaining! I hate the fact they give you a freakin lecture over gaining weight but if they would just take into consideration how freakin swollen i was!! Its all water weight. Dumb. But for you I would make sure you're eating the good fatty foods, that way you're atleast giving baby good nutrients even though you've lost weight.

LOL! Yeah, that would be a hard thing to deal with too!

I do eat a very healthy diet, so I'm confident baby is getting all he needs as far as vitamins and minerals go, and yes, I am now taking a prenatal vitamin as well. But I do need to figure out how to gain, or at the very least not lose, weight. 

newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 12:42 PM
Yea maybe space it out. Eat a Little later but make sure it's calorie dense?

Quoting -Phoebe-: The last thing I want to do after I finish running is eat. I drink a ton of water after, but at most, I'll have an apple. If I try to eat too much, I end up throwing up.

Quoting newmelly2009: Lol after a run eat more, might help counteract the calories you just burnt off

Quoting -Phoebe-:

LOL! 

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:03 PM
When I was told to gain more, I was told more dairy and more high protein foods, that way *baby* is gaining, either way.

Quoting -Phoebe-:

Quoting Firstcamelove: Wish I had your luck. All my doctors ever said was to stop gaining! I hate the fact they give you a freakin lecture over gaining weight but if they would just take into consideration how freakin swollen i was!! Its all water weight. Dumb.

But for you I would make sure you're eating the good fatty foods, that way you're atleast giving baby good nutrients even though you've lost weight.

I do eat a very healthy diet, so I'm confident baby is getting all he needs as far as vitamins and minerals go, and yes, I am now taking a prenatal vitamin as well. But I do need to figure out how to gain, or at the very least not lose, weight. 

-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 9:51 AM

She told me to focus on healthy foods, but to not worry about splurging every now and again. I don't do a lot of dairy, but I love ice cream, so she said to pretty much go nuts. And slow down on the running, but I don't know if my mental health will tolerate that. It's so much part of my daily routine now. 

Quoting Sassym0m24: When I was told to gain more, I was told more dairy and more high protein foods, that way *baby* is gaining, either way.
Quoting -Phoebe-:

Quoting Firstcamelove: Wish I had your luck. All my doctors ever said was to stop gaining! I hate the fact they give you a freakin lecture over gaining weight but if they would just take into consideration how freakin swollen i was!! Its all water weight. Dumb. But for you I would make sure you're eating the good fatty foods, that way you're atleast giving baby good nutrients even though you've lost weight.

amf0909
by Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM
Ive lost 10 pounds...even tho ive been eating like a cow...i lost20 with my daughter. As long as baby is healthy and you are eating and taking your vitamins I wouldnt worry to much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)