Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I go to the MD?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am 14 weks pregnant with twins,so far so good. However, I work at a school and am home sick today.  Norovirus is going around school, Its a bad stomach flu. I dont have a fever, just am wiped out and neasous/ vommiting alot.  There  nothing I think the doctor can do I just have to ride it out.  Should I go just to know everyting is ok or wait? This is my first pregnancy so I am a little nervous about everything.

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Azure
by Group Admin on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I think as long as you're not dehydrated and are resting you should be ok. I'm always nervous to go into the doctor's because I'm afraid I'll pick up MORE germs! Hope you feel better asap!

hurst0three
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:19 AM
I would try to ride it out. Drink plenty of fluid to keep hydrated! Hope you feel better soon <3
modmommabear
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:09 PM
You might not even be sick, it could just be morning sickness. Either way with no fever I'd just rest and hydrate. Try straws, they are helpful in taking small sips without having to lift your head. If your not eating try drinks with electrolytes and calories. Vitamin waters, Gatorade, juice, and so on.
ESS81985
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:25 PM

I am sick,  My throat is on fire, I am having trouble breathing, was about to call and see if I can take muscinex. I have a high propensity to lung infections so I am very away of upper respiratory issues which I have right now.

Quoting modmommabear: You might not even be sick, it could just be morning sickness. Either way with no fever I'd just rest and hydrate. Try straws, they are helpful in taking small sips without having to lift your head. If your not eating try drinks with electrolytes and calories. Vitamin waters, Gatorade, juice, and so on.

modmommabear
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:31 PM
You could always see you PCP or walk in care to set your mind at ease. Also like you said, if you call they will tell you what meds are safe.

Quoting ESS81985:

I am sick,  My throat is on fire, I am having trouble breathing, was about to call and see if I can take muscinex. I have a high propensity to lung infections so I am very away of upper respiratory issues which I have right now.

Quoting modmommabear: You might not even be sick, it could just be morning sickness. Either way with no fever I'd just rest and hydrate. Try straws, they are helpful in taking small sips without having to lift your head. If your not eating try drinks with electrolytes and calories. Vitamin waters, Gatorade, juice, and so on.

-Phoebe-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:50 PM

Just stay hydrated and you should be fine. Good luck!

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:59 PM
You could always call to see at what point they'd want you to come in. I got some kind of stomach virus during a previous pregnancy and they gave me some good tips on staying hydrated and keeping my fever down and let me know at what point I should go in. It always makes me feel better to at least call if I have any concerns.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)