• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

35 weeks today, mucus plus, back pain, etc

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm 35 weeks today with baby number 4 and definitely just lost a good chunk of my plug about 3 hours ago. Ever since I've had lower back pains/cramps, have pooped twice (very easily might I add, which isnt normal for me) and have had a few BH contractions. Thoughts? I also have been so stuffed up the last 2 days and my eyes have been burning. Almost like flu symptoms without the fever or chills. 

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CP2017
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM

You can lose your plug early and it can regenerate. It doesn't always mean labor is close. 

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:20 PM
Losing the plug can give you two weeks so that would be a decent time to have baby.

Even if it's pending labor, NICU stay is typically short this far along +babies fair very well statistically.
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:23 PM
Time any contractions and put a panty liner on to see if you loose any more or possible fluid leaking.
BusyB4thm
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:17 PM
I honestly would go to the hospital. You could be getting an infection or even high bp both of these are dangerous as you know. I personally would not be tasking any chances
BlackBird_Trppd
by Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:18 PM
I would check in with the Doc just to see what's up.
Mandy270429
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 7:37 AM
Mucus plug doesn't mean much ;( but contractions are a sure way to tell ;) I'm also on #4 I've always lost my mucus plug really early :/ but it regenerates usually means your just dilating a bit more ;)
lifeofmarissa_
by Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 9:43 AM
That's what I wanna hear! I'm being induced at 37 weeks but only if I'm dilated enough. Really hoping this means I'm dilating.

Quoting Mandy270429: Mucus plug doesn't mean much ;( but contractions are a sure way to tell ;) I'm also on #4 I've always lost my mucus plug really early :/ but it regenerates usually means your just dilating a bit more ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)