Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:13 PM
  • 11 Replies
My blood pressure is normally 90 over 60 at the highest. Lately I've had a headache every day. My feet and hands are swollen and today I've gotten really dizzy and feel out of it. My last appointment my blood pressure was 110 over 70 which is high for me. My dr wasn't worried cause it's "normal". I took it today at the store cause I was feeling dizzy. It was 121 over 80. It has never been that high, I have a dr appointment tomorrow and am going to bring it up but I'm worried he won't take it seriously cause it's still normal. It's it possible for it to be pre eclampsia.
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachellaree20
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:52 PM

I think it's possible. If your blood pressure is normally lower and it goes up that much, I'd worry something was off.  Hopefully your dr will be able to figure out what's going on!

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:17 PM
Try not to jump to conclusions that may be.

I know that's hard, but, there are multiple things thaf raise blood pressure in pregnancy.

Labor, stress, thyroid..
Lollypeg9896
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 3:17 PM
Do you suffer from hypertension? 90/60 is low, anything lower is definitely hypertension. Is your Dr keeping an eye on this? I would bring it up at your appointment.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 3:36 PM
I've noticed that drs tend to look at the range of "normal" numbers instead of the overall trend for each individual. One of my friends had pre-eclampsia but the Dr took too long diagnosing it because her bp was within a normal range even though it was high for her and she had all the typical signs. Definitely bring it up with your OB, let them know your symptoms, and make them look at your chart so they see what your bp used to be. It usually doesn't happen this way but it's definitely possible and can easily be overlooked and can cause more problems in the meantime. Hopefully it's nothing serious but it's definitely better to be safe than sorry. Good luck, hopefully everything checks out OK.
jocrox01
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 5:34 PM
How far along are you? It's normal for your blood pressure to rise in the third trimester. So if you are that might be normal. Mine is usually as low as yours but now it's in the 120/70 range but it's stable so no one is worried.
S.M.ile
by Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 5:52 PM
They should do a urine test with a stick and if your blood pressure is high, they may ask you to do 24h urine test plus blood test toncheck uour liver and kidney enzymes.
It may be just exhaustion to cause your high blood pressure. Take at keat 5 mi rest before you measure your blood pressure. And every body handles pregnancy differently.
Don't believe it's preeclampsia before the urine and enzymes test come out. They scared me with that too and the stess was causing much more harm than anything else. I was swallen, dizzy and tired and I had some elevated blood pressure after walking.
Good luck!
SSMama0209
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2017 at 4:06 PM

It could be and it could not. There are a lot of different factors. I had it with my 1st and it wasn't caught until delivery as I didn't have every symptom. Some were underlying. Definitely talk to your doctor and hopefully it can be figured out. Wishing you the best though.

britleigh89
by Member on Feb. 19, 2017 at 2:14 PM
It was 120 over 70 at my appt, I had traces of protein in my urine. They did a blood test but haven't heard back. I've been feeling really dizzy and out of it, I almost passed out yesterday and have blurry vision,
Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2017 at 3:27 PM
Protein in the urine with your symptoms= Preeclampsia.

:(

Quoting britleigh89: It was 120 over 70 at my appt, I had traces of protein in my urine. They did a blood test but haven't heard back. I've been feeling really dizzy and out of it, I almost passed out yesterday and have blurry vision,
britleigh89
by Member on Feb. 19, 2017 at 10:37 PM
I went to l&d, still had protein in my urine bp was 110 over 60, they said it was a uti even though I didn't have a uti on Thursday.

Quoting Sassym0m24: Protein in the urine with your symptoms= Preeclampsia.

:(

Quoting britleigh89: It was 120 over 70 at my appt, I had traces of protein in my urine. They did a blood test but haven't heard back. I've been feeling really dizzy and out of it, I almost passed out yesterday and have blurry vision,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)