Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cramps

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:47 AM
  • 18 Replies
I had my 12 week appointment last Friday and talked to my doctor about how much cramping I've been having. Sometimes it hurts so much I feel like I can't stand up straight.
He said its normal-its my second pregnancy and my previous was a csection which could make the cramps worse. As long as no bleeding no worries.
So, I wake up this am and it hurts pretty bad. I'm just wondering if anyone else expirenced this and what did you do to help relieve it?
Thank you.
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Group Admin on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:25 AM

I don't remember really horrible cramps, but I do remember very painful pulling around my c-section scar. Warmth helped me most, if I recall correctly. I hope it stops for you soon.  I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:29 AM

It's most likely ligament pains and I used a heating pad on low for my cramping. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do : (.

Amberpete123
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM
For me, I had lots of cramping around week twelve.
And I could totally see how a previous c section would cause more pain.
I just eat bananas and use a heating pad on LOW ON MY BACK.
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:09 PM
I took a quick warm bath this am- at the time it helped- sometimes I forget about it- other times it's worse. Thank you.

Quoting Azure:

I don't remember really horrible cramps, but I do remember very painful pulling around my c-section scar. Warmth helped me most, if I recall correctly. I hope it stops for you soon.  I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:09 PM
I remember ligament pains with my son- I don't remember them to be quite like this. I will try a heating pad tonight.

Quoting Careeka22:

It's most likely ligament pains and I used a heating pad on low for my cramping. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do : (.

Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:11 PM
Maybe this is a common time to have cramps- baby is growing a lot? I will try a heating pad tonight. What do the Bananas do? I will eat one now!

Quoting Amberpete123: For me, I had lots of cramping around week twelve.
Amberpete123
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Well bananas have potassium and when you don't have enough potassium it causes muscle cramps. Especially at a time like this when baby is growing and our muscles are extra likely to become soar.
I think it has a lot to do with how much baby grows. I mean twelve weeks is when they are entering the " fetal stage " they get big big big! Lol
Congrats though! ❤️😊

Quoting Luke8212013: Maybe this is a common time to have cramps- baby is growing a lot? I will try a heating pad tonight. What do the Bananas do? I will eat one now!

Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:15 PM
I didn't even think about that!
And thank you so much! I'm really excited ☺️

Quoting Amberpete123: Well bananas have potassium and when you don't have enough potassium it causes muscle cramps. Especially at a time like this when baby is growing and our muscles are extra likely to become soar.
I think it has a lot to do with how much baby grows. I mean twelve weeks is when they are entering the " fetal stage " they get big big big! Lol
Congrats though! ❤️😊

Quoting Luke8212013: Maybe this is a common time to have cramps- baby is growing a lot? I will try a heating pad tonight. What do the Bananas do? I will eat one now!

newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:17 PM
Yea as stated above if it's like a Charlie horse cramp you need more patassium they say...where are the cramps? I have been getting pulling cramps on the side of my stomach and I have to sit down..and 12 weeks already?! What!!?
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:29 PM
They are low like period cramps- but that is also right where my csection scar is.
I do feel a lot better sitting- so maybe it just is everything stretching out- but I can't sit all day, even tho I'd love to, lol!
And I know!! I'll be 13 weeks in Thursday- it sure is flying by!! ☺️

Quoting newmelly2009: Yea as stated above if it's like a Charlie horse cramp you need more patassium they say...where are the cramps? I have been getting pulling cramps on the side of my stomach and I have to sit down..and 12 weeks already?! What!!?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)