Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you have round ligament pain?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm having pain (sharp shooting all over stomach, especially on the right side) comes and goes but very painful that seems everything like round ligament pain but it is too early (13.5 weeks). Everything I read says it doesn't happen until around 18 weeks. My doctor already sent me to the hospital and they're not sure. Have any of you had this kind of pain this early? 

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Around 8 weeks with my first. Around 6 weeks with my second and 4 weeks with my third. I was told its normal. Mine was never all over my stomach. Just one on side or the other low down.

Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know if you've seen my post- but I've been having some terrible cramps. My doctor said it was probably round ligament pain, everything stretching and growing and it would be more intense this time because it's my second pregnancy and I've had a csection.
The pain started around 11ish weeks and I'm alsmot 13 weeks now. Sounds normal to me what your experiencing.
newmelly2009
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I told my doc today I had charliehorses on the side of my stomach and she said it's ligaments lol
Eholwager
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you that makes me feel so much better!

Quoting Raeann11:

Around 8 weeks with my first. Around 6 weeks with my second and 4 weeks with my third. I was told its normal. Mine was never all over my stomach. Just one on side or the other low down.

Eholwager
by Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No I didn't but that makes me feel SO much better. I don't know why my OB freaked out so much. She didn't even mention this as a possibility I just figured it out through research. Thank you! :)

Quoting Luke8212013: I don't know if you've seen my post- but I've been having some terrible cramps. My doctor said it was probably round ligament pain, everything stretching and growing and it would be more intense this time because it's my second pregnancy and I've had a csection. The pain started around 11ish weeks and I'm alsmot 13 weeks now. Sounds normal to me what your experiencing.

Lollypeg9896
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
All the time since about 8 weeks. I'm 25 weeks now.
Cailtlin17
by on Feb. 23, 2017 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

With me it was happening it was going on for weeks 5-9! I have to admit that it HURT at times! The pain for me was around my stomach and also my pelvic area!

goodjuju777
by Member on Mar. 2, 2017 at 2:15 PM
I'm 12 weeks and I just started having them this past week. It's the same as with my last pregnancy. i think everybody's different and depending on the shape of your body and size I would imagine the pains and stretching feeling would start at different times for everyone. I definitely had mine way before 18 weeks. Hope everything's all right!
.bombshell.
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2017 at 5:37 PM
Yeah same happened to me super early too. Not pleasant lol
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2017 at 6:25 PM
I had them at 5 weeks with my youngest. Like horrible thought I was dying pains
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)