Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling low

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:46 AM
  • 17 Replies
I am really feeling low have no support from so called family or friends pregnancy is meant to be a joyful time I can't help but feel low about it all 😢
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beco8627
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I was this way while pregnant with my first. I only had my hub and he was working until 10pm every night. I stayed home alone every single day for 9 months.
I became instantly happy and confident when he was born. I was busy taking care of him and I started going out more. I ultimately found my circle through the next couple of years.
Maybe right now you can talk to your dr about it. Perhaps you can talk to a counselor to help you through the rest of your pregnancy.
sianlovekyle
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:35 AM
I don't even have baby dad about and if I go back to my gp put my back on my antidepressants been doing ok up until this point 😩 But thank you 😊

Quoting beco8627: I was this way while pregnant with my first. I only had my hub and he was working until 10pm every night. I stayed home alone every single day for 9 months.
I became instantly happy and confident when he was born. I was busy taking care of him and I started going out more. I ultimately found my circle through the next couple of years.
Maybe right now you can talk to your dr about it. Perhaps you can talk to a counselor to help you through the rest of your pregnancy.
scoopneck99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to remember what you were excited about when you decided to have this baby. I was 17, in an abusive relationship, my dad disowned me and my mom moved 10 hours away. My only sister was in college 2 hours away and I still had to graduate. It sucked. I was more depressed in that 2 year period (before, during, and year after pregnancy) than I've ever been. I realized I was all dd had, so I sucked it up and busted my ass. I never wanted HER to feel like she was a mistake. She didn't choose to be here. She was my little soldier, my buddy, my reason to live. It was hard but I look back now and laugh because I can't believe I was ever in that position. I met dh when she was 15 months. We got married 3 years later and had our son the next year. We just had our second, and last, baby. He is dds dad. She only knows him. Her dad never helped and I am so thankful for that. I guess what I'm saying is that it is tough right now but you we abou o get the best gift and learning experience of your life. I wouldn't change a thing because had I not had my dd I wouldn't have the life I do now. It was worth it and it will be for you too. Stay positive, my oldest was my worst baby and I really think it was from all of the stress during pregnancy. Good luck!

sianlovekyle
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:02 PM
He is my angle took my 5 years to get here and everyday I am greatful for him I could love him anymore than I do I can't wait to meet him and it's the only thing i thank my ex for is giving me my son but but can't help feel low and lonely and I don't want that for me I do get on with best of the time I have to life goes on I know that but sometime things just get to me like now no family no friends nothing 🙁 I am excited scared worried and all the rest of that comes with becoming a first time mum I guess we all have r bad days and if I was that lucky to meet someone guess it would not be so bad but that lucky

Quoting scoopneck99:

You have to remember what you were excited about when you decided to have this baby. I was 17, in an abusive relationship, my dad disowned me and my mom moved 10 hours away. My only sister was in college 2 hours away and I still had to graduate. It sucked. I was more depressed in that 2 year period (before, during, and year after pregnancy) than I've ever been. I realized I was all dd had, so I sucked it up and busted my ass. I never wanted HER to feel like she was a mistake. She didn't choose to be here. She was my little soldier, my buddy, my reason to live. It was hard but I look back now and laugh because I can't believe I was ever in that position. I met dh when she was 15 months. We got married 3 years later and had our son the next year. We just had our second, and last, baby. He is dds dad. She only knows him. Her dad never helped and I am so thankful for that. I guess what I'm saying is that it is tough right now but you we abou o get the best gift and learning experience of your life. I wouldn't change a thing because had I not had my dd I wouldn't have the life I do now. It was worth it and it will be for you too. Stay positive, my oldest was my worst baby and I really think it was from all of the stress during pregnancy. Good luck!

goodjuju777
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there mama! I dealt with the same during my first pregnancy and felt so isolated and alone. None of my friends were there for me and my mom had suggested I give the baby up for adoption so no support there. I wasn't sure if my relationship with my SO was even going to make it and I had major health problems that began during that time and spent half the pregnancy on bed rest. I remember feeling like the world was crashing down on me. After my son was born, all of my problems weren't solved but I knew I had to get through it because I had this little life depending on me, and he my made my days so much brighter. I'm pregnant now with my second and while I have much more support this time, id be lying if I didn't admit there are days when i cry a ton and have depressing thoughts and worry like crazy. I think people always try to portray pregnancy as being such a happy time in a woman's life, but the reality is many women struggle just like you and it's OKAY and completely normal to wonder how you are going to make it through at times. My strategy now is to literally take everything one minute at a time. Are you doing everything right now to take care of yourself right now (drinking enough water, taking your vitamins, trying to take short walks, etc.)? Mindfullness is very important with depression and all these hormones. While it's okay and typical to have negative thoughts try to let them pass and not dwell on things you have no control over for too long. I know it's easy to try to give advice and when you are in a very dark place this might all sound like garbage but I believe you have brighter days ahead if you keep pushing forward and love yourself. No one else is going to be there for you like you can be for yourself. Also, I have a cousin who had to be on antidepressants with all three pregnancies because she could not even take care of herself due to her depression being so debilitating. Don't beat yourself up if that's what you really need to be healthiest for your baby and for yourself. Sending positive thoughts your way, hugs!
sianlovekyle
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 12:38 PM
Thank you means a lot I have none baby dad dose want to know full stop my mother well god knows brother don't care and well friends I have none I have my dog as sad as that is he is my rock I walk him spend time with him most of the time now I try to be strong all the time as I know my son needs me tone I just don't feel it's o not feel this way now I am pregnant with him had a fair few problems during this pregnancy so fair so scared something will happen to him and trying to deal everything else just can't and can't cope 😢

Quoting goodjuju777: Hang in there mama! I dealt with the same during my first pregnancy and felt so isolated and alone. None of my friends were there for me and my mom had suggested I give the baby up for adoption so no support there. I wasn't sure if my relationship with my SO was even going to make it and I had major health problems that began during that time and spent half the pregnancy on bed rest. I remember feeling like the world was crashing down on me. After my son was born, all of my problems weren't solved but I knew I had to get through it because I had this little life depending on me, and he my made my days so much brighter. I'm pregnant now with my second and while I have much more support this time, id be lying if I didn't admit there are days when i cry a ton and have depressing thoughts and worry like crazy. I think people always try to portray pregnancy as being such a happy time in a woman's life, but the reality is many women struggle just like you and it's OKAY and completely normal to wonder how you are going to make it through at times. My strategy now is to literally take everything one minute at a time. Are you doing everything right now to take care of yourself right now (drinking enough water, taking your vitamins, trying to take short walks, etc.)? Mindfullness is very important with depression and all these hormones. While it's okay and typical to have negative thoughts try to let them pass and not dwell on things you have no control over for too long. I know it's easy to try to give advice and when you are in a very dark place this might all sound like garbage but I believe you have brighter days ahead if you keep pushing forward and love yourself. No one else is going to be there for you like you can be for yourself. Also, I have a cousin who had to be on antidepressants with all three pregnancies because she could not even take care of herself due to her depression being so debilitating. Don't beat yourself up if that's what you really need to be healthiest for your baby and for yourself. Sending positive thoughts your way, hugs!
alexandra4
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember with my first 8 years ago I was 18 and dealing with a major deadbeat that kicked me out at 22 weeks. I felt the same way.. I just wanted to be happy and enjoy my pregnancy but it was a constant fight about something, even just trying to communicate. I was lucky I had supportive family but they were all 3-4 hours away.
Hang in there and be strong, think of the positives when your little one arrives! Do a lot for your self to make you happy. Xox
sianlovekyle
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 3:27 PM
Thank you I am honestly trying to but when like this seem to forget all the good things and just focus on all the bad that around me 😩

Quoting alexandra4: I remember with my first 8 years ago I was 18 and dealing with a major deadbeat that kicked me out at 22 weeks. I felt the same way.. I just wanted to be happy and enjoy my pregnancy but it was a constant fight about something, even just trying to communicate. I was lucky I had supportive family but they were all 3-4 hours away.
Hang in there and be strong, think of the positives when your little one arrives! Do a lot for your self to make you happy. Xox
Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you're feeling so low.
Maybe support groups for moms going through the same thing?

Email with some nice folks online, too.

I'd also say I know antidepressants don't solve or change your situation as it is situational.

However if you ever get to a point where you feel in a pit if nothing but depression, it's found safer with some mental health concerns, to discuss a medication you're comfortable with, rather then the danger mom's body or mom, may go through, effecting baby(rather then not be on meds).
5nFighting
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:43 PM

You can't base your feelings of joy on how other people react or treat you. It's unfortunate that you don't have support, but YOU are the one who is pregnant, YOU are the one having this baby. I don't know the background, but step 1 is becoming self-sufficient so you can do justice to this child you've decided to bring into the world. If you need support and help now, hopefully you get it, but you can't go into parenthood expecting others to meet your needs. 

I was 14 when I had my son. It sucked. the vast majority of people were not supportive. I was lucky and had grandparents who were, who helped us, but I still worked my ass off to reach a place where I didn't need their help and support, where it was just a wonderful bonus to our situation. 

Hormones during pregnancy make everything that much worse, but try to relax, focus on yourself and your baby, and stop expecting other people, especially if you are an adult, to make you happy. And that's a lesson you should apply to every aspect of your life, not just pregnancy and parenthood. You can't wait or expect others to make you happy, because chances are, you'll be a waiting a long time. 

Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)