Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone had infertility treatments?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

If so please say your age and what you had done and did it work?

and how many bio kids do you have?

by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
5nFighting
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 5:44 PM

I have not. Good luck!

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM
I had my own without fertility treatment but when I was a surrogate I went through IVF. So it was basically the protocol for a frozen embryo transfer since I didn't take the meds to retrieve my own eggs.
What do you want to know? Any questions?
I have 3 bio kids and went through IVF at 32 & 34 yrs old. Although all that is irrelevant for you I believe.
STVUstudent
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:12 PM

My wife.  We were in our early thirties, then our late thirties.  We did six, took a couple of years off, then six more.  Spent a ton of money.  Gave up after that and became foster parents.  Adopted three kids.

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:13 PM
I wish it didn't cost so much!

Quoting STVUstudent:

My wife.  We were in our early thirties, then our late thirties.  We did six, took a couple of years off, then six more.  Spent a ton of money.  Gave up after that and became foster parents.  Adopted three kids.

STVUstudent
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:15 PM

It was very expensive.  Not only that, it really took a toll on my wife... the hormone tratments did a number on her.

Quoting Sarah725: I wish it didn't cost so much!
Quoting STVUstudent:

mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:12 PM

Hi,

well, hubby and I have 8 bio kids together we have been together for over 20 years our youngest is 4 months and we would love to have one last baby and I am worried because I just turned 40 this January and I know this may sound strange but we know large families are not for everyone but it is for us.

our youngest is the center of attention and has been such a joy and I just wanted one more before we close this very special chapter in our lives.

i was considering freezing my eggs because I know once you are in your late forties thy suggest using donor eggs.

hubby and I have never had any fertility treatments at all I am just worried turning 40

Quoting Sarah725: I had my own without fertility treatment but when I was a surrogate I went through IVF. So it was basically the protocol for a frozen embryo transfer since I didn't take the meds to retrieve my own eggs. What do you want to know? Any questions? I have 3 bio kids and went through IVF at 32 & 34 yrs old. Although all that is irrelevant for you I believe.

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 7:57 PM

I think you would do fine with fertility treatment, probably better than most.  The cost would be my biggest concern.  I believe embryos have a better survival rate than eggs when being frozen.  Check with the RE (reproductive endocrinologist) on that.  Also just a fun tidbit you could (for 5K) get the embryos tested for genetic abnormalities and transfer a healthy embryo.  You wouldn't have to worry about most things doctors are concerned about with older patients, also you would know the gender.

Quoting mommyof7921:

Hi,

well, hubby and I have 8 bio kids together we have been together for over 20 years our youngest is 4 months and we would love to have one last baby and I am worried because I just turned 40 this January and I know this may sound strange but we know large families are not for everyone but it is for us.

our youngest is the center of attention and has been such a joy and I just wanted one more before we close this very special chapter in our lives.

i was considering freezing my eggs because I know once you are in your late forties thy suggest using donor eggs.

hubby and I have never had any fertility treatments at all I am just worried turning 40

Quoting Sarah725: I had my own without fertility treatment but when I was a surrogate I went through IVF. So it was basically the protocol for a frozen embryo transfer since I didn't take the meds to retrieve my own eggs. What do you want to know? Any questions? I have 3 bio kids and went through IVF at 32 & 34 yrs old. Although all that is irrelevant for you I believe.

blessedtohave7
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2017 at 7:11 AM
I haven't ...but here is a bump
mommyof7921
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2017 at 8:56 AM

Do you mean 12 rounds of invitro?

Quoting Sarah725: I wish it didn't cost so much!
Quoting STVUstudent:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)