Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby stuff!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:06 PM
  • 12 Replies
I've been slightly panicking over everything we need to get for baby especially since it's our first. I'm only 14 weeks along but it's a stress for me. Yesterday my MIL surprised me with a playpen I had mentioned that was on sale for $79 instead of $169 & today my parents purchased the crib I wanted that was on sale for $230. I'm so excited and thankful to have some of the items checked off the list.. the crib was stressful to me lol.

I've bought a few clothes & made a bunch of my own receiving blankets. I can't wait to have a bunch of it done so I'm not worried about it in a few months.
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrseoc
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:26 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. You have plenty of time. I had to move when I was 7 months with my first, so I was happy not to have all the gear yet.

It's actually nice not to have all that stuff sitting around when you still have a long way to go.

Is someone throwing you a shower?
5nFighting
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:30 PM

You have plenty of time, but babies really don't need that much, most of it is just extras anyway. Will anyone be throwing you a shower? That's where you'll probably get the majority. 

SSMama0209
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:36 PM

It seems like a lot, but you'll get it all done. Glad both sides were able to help you with some bigger items.

-Steph95-
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:42 PM
We will have a shower in a few months 😊 I'm excited to have it so that it's at least here. My fiance works away for 2-3 month hitches so it's nice to get it done while he's home so he can be a part of it

Quoting Mrseoc: I wouldn't worry too much. You have plenty of time. I had to move when I was 7 months with my first, so I was happy not to have all the gear yet.

It's actually nice not to have all that stuff sitting around when you still have a long way to go.

Is someone throwing you a shower?
-Steph95-
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:44 PM
Yes my mom's planning a shower for in a few months, but my MIL thinks I should wait until after Babe so people can buy the appropriate colors and size of clothing etc. But if they buy bigger than newborn or 0-3 month clothes Babe will grow into them. I'd prefer to have the shower before birth personally.

Quoting 5nFighting:

You have plenty of time, but babies really don't need that much, most of it is just extras anyway. Will anyone be throwing you a shower? That's where you'll probably get the majority. 

Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I'm 27 weeks with my 5th I had been buying stuff and tossing it in my attic for the last couple months. I finally organized it all the other day clothes are boxed by size I'm currently working on sizes 12-18, 12-24 & 2t! I have stroller car seat and arms reach cosleeper my dd is still using the crib but she will be 3 next month so I just need to switch her to a twin bed which I already have. She's happy in her crib and pretty tiny at 23 lbs so I'm not rushing. I even have 2 rock n plays a few other duplicates for my moms house. Pack n play and the 25 other newborn cloth diapers I ordered are on their way. My lilliebaby came in Friday. It feels so good to be prepared! Baby will cosleep with us for at least 10 months like all our other kids did so I'm not even doing a nursery. Dds room has the crib he will go there when we're ready I have white and green crib sheets already. Her nursery is pink green & white. If he was getting a nursery it would be nautical theme but dds room is too girly to change. We need to put on an addition to get him his own room so it will be a while since my favorite contractor aka dad is booked over 2 years out with his construction company.
tina08mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:37 PM
I felt that way and my boyfriend and I ended up buying pretty much everything we needed for our baby. Our baby shower was crap and we didn't get anything off of our registry so that sucked but I also had stuff from my other 2 kids so that helped with something all 3 of my kids are boys. My youngest is 2 weeks old
Sophie1106
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:54 PM
You're ahead of me already! Lol. I'm 17 weeks and we haven't gotten anything yet. I have 2 kids but they're 10 and 6. We thought we were done so we don't have any of their stuff anymore. We're pretty much starting over and we have nothing so far. But the car seat I want is on sale so I'm going to order it tomorrow or Monday.
momofsixangels
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:29 AM
You will get everything done. Probably even stuff you don't use lol
.bombshell.
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:57 AM
Don't worry, everything ends up falling into place. I'm so glad I won't need to but any of those big items like a crib or stroller. We don't even use them lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)