Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I broke a Mercury light bulb!!!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:50 PM
  • 14 Replies
Then I panicked and ran into the bedroom and my husband cleaned it up.
So worried about my baby now
I know my husband probably didn't follow all protocol for cleaning it up but I hate these friggin light bulbs and didn't want any in the house to begin with !!!! 👿👿👿
Anyway,
Am I ok?
Is baby ?
Am I just a coo coo clock. ?! Lol
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:25 PM
I'm sure you and baby are fine. Especially since you left the room right away. What surface did the bulb break on? The only thing I would be worried is you don't think your dh cleaned it up well enough.
You could always call the nurse line to help put you at ease also. See if they gave any other advice.
Amberpete123
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:18 PM
It broke on hardwood floor at first he didn't take me seriously until I showed him some online listing of how to clean it then he took it seriously and cleaned it well it happened right in our dining room and with an open concept I couldn't close the doors for awhile. Butte just aired it out (opened Windows for like half hour) as soon as it happened swept it up and used wet paper towels on floors and dining table to get any residue up and then threw it away outside so I hope that'll be good!

Quoting Luke8212013: I'm sure you and baby are fine. Especially since you left the room right away. What surface did the bulb break on? The only thing I would be worried is you don't think your dh cleaned it up well enough.
You could always call the nurse line to help put you at ease also. See if they gave any other advice.
Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:39 PM
I'm sure you'll be just fine!! I would be super worried if it was on carpet.

Quoting Amberpete123: It broke on hardwood floor at first he didn't take me seriously until I showed him some online listing of how to clean it then he took it seriously and cleaned it well it happened right in our dining room and with an open concept I couldn't close the doors for awhile. Butte just aired it out (opened Windows for like half hour) as soon as it happened swept it up and used wet paper towels on floors and dining table to get any residue up and then threw it away outside so I hope that'll be good!

Quoting Luke8212013: I'm sure you and baby are fine. Especially since you left the room right away. What surface did the bulb break on? The only thing I would be worried is you don't think your dh cleaned it up well enough.
Azure
by Group Admin on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:39 PM

Most likely everything is fine. I think calling the nurse line if you're really concerned is a good idea. They should be able to help calm your fears. :)

K3412
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:54 PM
You and your baby are perfectly fine. There's no reason to worry .
Lollypeg9896
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:12 PM
Scary but you're fine hun, those bulbs contain a very small amount of mercury. Definitely not enough to hurt you :)
goodjuju777
by Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 10:39 AM
I hate these damn light bulbs!! I understand they are 'green', but seriously?! i didn't know they had mercury in them when I was pregnant with my first and cleaned it up myself but I was about 8 months by then. My son is now 4 and a half and is healthy. I was so mad because my SO came home and asked didn't I know they had mercury in them and I flipped because I couldn't believe that a company would manufacture an item that is so breakable with such a dangerous chemical in them. I'm sure baby is fine though especially because you left right after it happened. Don't worry too much!
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 11:05 AM
I'm sure you're fine, but wow, where does one get mercury lighblubs
Lollypeg9896
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 11:16 AM
CFL bulbs contain a tiny amount of mercury. They are better for the environment than the old incandescent ones though.

Quoting GlitterInTheAir: I'm sure you're fine, but wow, where does one get mercury lighblubs
GlitterInTheAir
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 11:18 AM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)