Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I take for

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
Feeling sick to my stomach all day long. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Every single time I eat I feel like I am going to get sick.
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:03 PM
Different things work for different people, but personally I never had morning sickness so I'm not totally sure. I wouldn't turn to medication unless it became severe.

Lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, lemon tea...

Smaller, frequent meals.

Ginger candies.

Saltines.

I've also heard that Sea-Bands work great for pregnancy morning sickness.
Azure
by Group Admin on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:40 PM

smorgan865 listed some good things to try. I hope something helps you! Morning sickness can be ROUGH! What have you tried so far?

Luke8212013
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:41 PM
Nothing really worked for me. I ate small light and frequently. I felt like if I was hungry it made nausea worse.
Saltines, toast, cheese and crackers, grapes, ginger ale, cheerios, etc. hope you feel better soon!
Jaydons_mommy09
by Member on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:29 PM
I just got cracker and some snacks through out the day.

Quoting Azure:

smorgan865 listed some good things to try. I hope something helps you! Morning sickness can be ROUGH! What have you tried so far?

babyboxfish
by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:55 PM

all great options.

Quoting smorgan865: Different things work for different people, but personally I never had morning sickness so I'm not totally sure. I wouldn't turn to medication unless it became severe. Lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, lemon tea... Smaller, frequent meals. Ginger candies. Saltines. I've also heard that Sea-Bands work great for pregnancy morning sickness.

goodjuju777
by Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 6:11 PM
Google unisom (the sleep med) for nausea in pregnancy. It needs to be the one with the active ingredient doxylamine succinate which is in the sleep tabs , not the one with Benadryl. I'm not crazy about meds but my doctor is a smart guy and this stuff in combination with vitamin b6 is the only way I got through my first trimester and I had tried accupunture wristbands(sea bands), ginger everything, and all of the other 'natural' remedies first. Feel better mama!
StaciF
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 7:44 PM
This - i've been taking Unisom and B6 at bedtime every night and it has really helped. During the day ginger or peppermint tummy drops that you can order off of Amazon or stork pregnancy tea also help. I also have peppermint essential oil that I sniff when I really feel sick or put in my diffuser

Quoting goodjuju777: Google unisom (the sleep med) for nausea in pregnancy. It needs to be the one with the active ingredient doxylamine succinate which is in the sleep tabs , not the one with Benadryl. I'm not crazy about meds but my doctor is a smart guy and this stuff in combination with vitamin b6 is the only way I got through my first trimester and I had tried accupunture wristbands(sea bands), ginger everything, and all of the other 'natural' remedies first. Feel better mama!
SSMama0209
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Nothing really worked for me with this pregnancy. If anything it all made it worse. With others crackers helped or really anything carb related. I use to keep a couple by the bed and ate a couple before I got up. I made sure to lay there for a bit to make sure I wasn't going to just get sick from them.

Eholwager
by Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:13 PM

Ginger drops have helped me so much!

Sassym0m24
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:20 PM
B6/B12 help some moms.

Check if your prenatls have Iron, if not anemic get one without.

Smaller/more frequent meals/take it easy after/eliminate foods that are acidic +greasy.

Replace drinks with dyes with dye free alternatives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)