Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

TTC!

Posted by on May. 15, 2007 at 11:44 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hello. I just joined this group, so, thought I'd stop in. My boyfriend and I have a beautiful six month old daughter together, an have just started trying four our second. I can't wait! I loved being pregnant, even with the morning sickness.

I also had a quick question. A friend of mine, who also has a daughter, is trying to look for ways to influence her next one to be a boy. I've been trying to look things up on the internet for her, but can't seen to word it right. And I know some of you are going to be against this, but she really wants her little boy, and isn't planning on having more after this next one. So, anyone got any advice or can tell me what exactly I'm supposed to be looking for?

Thanks.
by on May. 15, 2007 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Rushn311
by on May. 15, 2007 at 12:05 PM
They have all these myths on how to get a certain sex but I think it's all a hoax. What you conceive, is what you conceive!
Abbimom2004
by on May. 15, 2007 at 12:16 PM
Really, about the only thing I have heard with any scientific proof whatsoever behind it is the acidity in mommy and daddys bodies. In the end its the sperm that reaches the egg that defines the sex, but having a higher acidity lvl (women have a higher lvl naturally) will kill off the male chromosoned sperm quicker. So by lowering your bodies acidity lvl, preconception and trying, increases the number of male chromosoned sperm that actually reach the egg. On the other hand, even preconception you need the folic acid, since its important to the babys developement. So if you start the prenatal vitamins now for a month or two before conceiving and cut the acidic foods and drinks from the diet, you increase the natural chance of a male birth. good luck to you and your buddy!
Mom2BeInSept
by on May. 16, 2007 at 7:05 PM
the best advice i could give on this is this website:
www.yourdays.com
its what i used to get pregnant this time! it gives you your most fertile days to have sex on, and it tells you the best days to have sex to increase your chances of having a boy/girl! thats what i went by, and we wanted a girl! and guess what!! we are expecting a little girl in sept!! good luck!
jewelsc
by on May. 17, 2007 at 5:31 PM

There is a book you can buy called "How to Choose the Sex of your Baby". They sell it on amazon.com. Also if you google it you can find out a little about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)