Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Induction *sigh*

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:59 PM
  • 31 Replies
My dr has sent me out twice to get ultradounds done by a specialist bevause of my blood pressure. And hes gonna recommend to My Dr that I be induced at 39 weeks. I haven't personally spoken to My Dr about this (appt is Thursday) but I have a feeling she'll agree with him based off of a comment she made at My last appt. "Our goal is 39 weeks" 😞😒
My bp has been high, but not high enough for medication. They had it labeled as chronic hypertension. I had no protein in my urine, baby does really well during my NST's , he still has plenty of fluid, and my bp ranges any where from the 120s to the 140s.
However they say the risk of me developing preeclampsia becomes greater if i go past 39 weeks which is why they want an induction.
I know I can out right refuse but I'm not sure if my s.o will completely understand and all he'll hear is the potential risks and be too worried to agree with me and I don't want any added stress.
So I'm hoping I can get this kid going on his own within the next 9 days.
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachel216
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:29 PM
Is there a particular reason why your against the induction? I mean preeclampsia is serious and develop quickly. But it's your decision if this isn't what you want do go through with it
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:32 PM

You can say no, refuse the induction, monitor your own blood pressure and urine, and go in if and only if needed! 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:34 PM

She didn't say they had diagnosed her pre e. While it can be serious, it also gives plenty of warning signs. She has one, just one. That is not a reason to go through with an induction which seriously increases the health risk to her and baby. Inductions also often times cause an increase in blood pressure, with hers already being high that puts here at even more of a risk. 

Quoting rachel216: Is there a particular reason why your against the induction? I mean preeclampsia is serious and develop quickly. But it's your decision if this isn't what you want do go through with it


rachel216
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:40 PM
Quoting NoraDun:

She didn't say they had diagnosed her pre e. While it can be serious, it also gives plenty of warning signs. She has one, just one. That is not a reason to go through with an induction which seriously increases the health risk to her and baby. Inductions also often times cause an increase in blood pressure, with hers already being high that puts here at even more of a risk. 

Quoting rachel216: Is there a particular reason why your against the induction? I mean preeclampsia is serious and develop quickly. But it's your decision if this isn't what you want do go through with it

I was induced 3/4 of my pregnancies. One of which was due to my BP so I know all the risk with pre e and inductions. This is up to op, no one else if she decides to go against medical advice that's up to her and her ob
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Definitely agree with that! 

Quoting rachel216:
Quoting NoraDun:

She didn't say they had diagnosed her pre e. While it can be serious, it also gives plenty of warning signs. She has one, just one. That is not a reason to go through with an induction which seriously increases the health risk to her and baby. Inductions also often times cause an increase in blood pressure, with hers already being high that puts here at even more of a risk. 

Quoting rachel216: Is there a particular reason why your against the induction? I mean preeclampsia is serious and develop quickly. But it's your decision if this isn't what you want do go through with it

I was induced 3/4 of my pregnancies. One of which was due to my BP so I know all the risk with pre e and inductions. This is up to op, no one else if she decides to go against medical advice that's up to her and her ob


.bombshell.
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:48 PM
I was induced with my first, I don't wanna go that route again. I've had no other problems that are associated with preeclampsia or hypertension during pregnancy.
My Dr also brought up earlier in my pregnancy that my bp might just normally be high.


Quoting rachel216: Is there a particular reason why your against the induction? I mean preeclampsia is serious and develop quickly. But it's your decision if this isn't what you want do go through with it
.bombshell.
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:50 PM
I'm hoping after discussing this with my Dr she understands why I'm gonna refuse induction.
I agree, there's plenty of warning signs I can look out for and won't take lightly.


Quoting NoraDun:

She didn't say they had diagnosed her pre e. While it can be serious, it also gives plenty of warning signs. She has one, just one. That is not a reason to go through with an induction which seriously increases the health risk to her and baby. Inductions also often times cause an increase in blood pressure, with hers already being high that puts here at even more of a risk. 

Quoting rachel216: Is there a particular reason why your against the induction? I mean preeclampsia is serious and develop quickly. But it's your decision if this isn't what you want do go through with it

moongemini
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I wouldn't do it and honestly if my husband was hust going to stress me out and only listen to the Dr. scaring him into thinking an induction was necessary then I would tell him he needs to sit this appointment out.

I would not be getting induced unless completely medically necessary.

Quoting .bombshell.: My dr has sent me out twice to get ultradounds done by a specialist bevause of my blood pressure. And hes gonna recommend to My Dr that I be induced at 39 weeks. I haven't personally spoken to My Dr about this (appt is Thursday) but I have a feeling she'll agree with him based off of a comment she made at My last appt. "Our goal is 39 weeks" 😞😒
My bp has been high, but not high enough for medication. They had it labeled as chronic hypertension. I had no protein in my urine, baby does really well during my NST's , he still has plenty of fluid, and my bp ranges any where from the 120s to the 140s.
However they say the risk of me developing preeclampsia becomes greater if i go past 39 weeks which is why they want an induction.
I know I can out right refuse but I'm not sure if my s.o will completely understand and all he'll hear is the potential risks and be too worried to agree with me and I don't want any added stress.
So I'm hoping I can get this kid going on his own within the next 9 days.
rachel216
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:54 PM
Quoting .bombshell.: I was induced with my first, I don't wanna go that route again. I've had no other problems that are associated with preeclampsia or hypertension during pregnancy.
My Dr also brought up earlier in my pregnancy that my bp might just normally be high.


Quoting rachel216: Is there a particular reason why your against the induction? I mean preeclampsia is serious and develop quickly. But it's your decision if this isn't what you want do go through with it
then I'd put your foot down and tell your ob that you don't want the induction unless it's absolutely necessary, especially if you don't want it
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:23 PM

I think this is a good idea. Honestly with such a high maternal mortality rate in this country, I think more women need to be questioning what Drs are putting them and their babies through. Medical care has its place, but I think with only elevated blood pressure I would not go for an induction. If you had high blood pressure, swelling, headaches, protein in your urine, etc then I would say well maybe you should consider it. Anyway I think you seem like you know you have options and you are weighing what is best for you and your baby, not just doing what a Dr says because they are a Dr. I wish you the best hun! 

Quoting .bombshell.: I'm hoping after discussing this with my Dr she understands why I'm gonna refuse induction. I agree, there's plenty of warning signs I can look out for and won't take lightly.
Quoting NoraDun:

She didn't say they had diagnosed her pre e. While it can be serious, it also gives plenty of warning signs. She has one, just one. That is not a reason to go through with an induction which seriously increases the health risk to her and baby. Inductions also often times cause an increase in blood pressure, with hers already being high that puts here at even more of a risk. 

Quoting rachel216: Is there a particular reason why your against the induction? I mean preeclampsia is serious and develop quickly. But it's your decision if this isn't what you want do go through with it


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)